Thread: Latest on IPv6 servers?

I was wondering if anyone can confirm that both XS News and Newszilla are incredibly slow. I'm getting between 50KB/sec and 90KB/sec (note that's in KiloBYTES, just for anyone getting confused).

Also, it appears Eweka has terminated their IPv6 testing a few months ago:
    test IPv6 beëindigd!
    //

Translation:
    IPv6 Test finished!
    Are there any other IPv6 servers that may have popped up, or any I'm missing? Much obliged for any info!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Ouch! 64 views, not one response? Maybe it's just me? BTW, should have mentioned in my original post, I'm using Gogo6 for the tunnel and GrabIt to download.

Using the following settings in GrabIt:
    server address: 127.0.0.1, port: 1118, server nickname: ipv6 Newszilla6, connections: 3
    server address: 127.0.0.1, port: 1120, server nickname: ipv6 XS News, connections: 10

Any suggestions? Help?

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Thanks, but no thanks.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    i am still using xsnews and was getting 2Mb/s last weekend.

I use ubuntu lucid 10.04 + sabnzbdplus + miredo (for ipv6) + xsnews (free ipv6 account)

from newszilla6.xs4all.nl I get ~ 150 kb/s
    Last edited by rdtphd; 08-26-2010 at 12:14 AM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    i get 1.82 MB/s, that's MegaBYTES per second (a 3rd of my total allowed ISP top speed of 6MegaBytes/s), not Mega BIT's a second ,but it all comes down to the POP you set/use at that time of day/night with http://go6.net/ and setting the max 4 allowed connections on SABnzbd+ so their trial system doesn't kick you off randomly for over use.

the same's true for newszilla6. and although it is slower you can get 500KBytes/s or more currently.

their very useful if your ISP's binary usenet retention is very low and you want to get a few older posts/parts such as found in the mixed nzb dates of the current Mystery_Science_Theater_3000_S01_x264 etc, everything from 1 day to 146 days referenced in that for instance as they couldn't apparently be bothered to re-post all the files parts to make it all current.
    Last edited by pip99; 10-08-2010 at 10:56 AM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    Dude I just hit a file 769d days old on a free news-server and 2MBps down; yes MB not to be confused with Mb.
    wut wut
    retarded-boy.gif
    Pimpn aint easy ®

8. Newsgroups   -   #8

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by JustDOSE View Post
    Dude I just hit a file 769d days old on a free news-server and 2MBps down; yes MB not to be confused with Mb.
    wut wut
    retarded-boy.gif
    and your point is what exactly ?

perhaps you missed my 'their very useful if your ISP's binary usenet retention is very low and you want to get a few older posts/parts' ,perhaps your point is to re-state and backup My point that Yes these stated free ipv6 news-server's are very useful, but given your reply i some how doubt that

and whats with constantly adverting that really crap 970Kbit/s upload to 82.4Mbit/s download rate ratio from roadrunner your Actually paying for, you do know about TCP:IP ACK's now and how that super low upload ratio to download speed will be crippling anything but a single TCP:IP download at peak user times right ! its assumed your actually paying for 100Mbit down and 1Mbit up, so an actual real Data ratio of 100:1, and i thought the UK cable ratio's and ACK con tricks you can never reach were bad LOL
    Last edited by pip99; 10-09-2010 at 07:27 AM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    nah man i dont pay for this line *cough*haxoware, just thought id reply.1MB up is more then enough for gaming, i dont want to get noticed for having an insane upload. Dont hate because the UK is still in the dark ages of internet, i bet your service provider doesnt even offer fiber. Its like UK skunk weed and we have Cali kush, UK has pounds and we the almighty Dollar $. and why is there this big ass space in all my posts.
    Last edited by JustDOSE; 10-09-2010 at 11:23 PM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Might as well quit the bitching and asking about free servers, you aren't gonna find them anymore, you want good Usenet then cough up the $11 and fucking pay for it, it's worth every god damn penny.
    [center]