Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Proposition 107-- Ending Reverse Discrimination (Affirmative Action)

BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Funny, MLk's own niece ....blah blah blah.
    You're words are insignificant to me, Tio Tomas.
    Last edited by l33tpirata13; 10-23-2010 at 12:56 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by l33tpirata13 View Post
    Sorry, but I find both 999969999 and J2K2 to be, well, how should i say this? Hypocrites!!!! J2k2, you were all for State Sanctioned Racism when it dealt with MY people. Then it was OK, and the reasons were lucid in your view. But NO, not this form of "racism", since in this particular scenario, it works against white folk. Affirmative action is there for good reason, and WILL continue to be there for a long, long while. If it weren't, people like 999969999 would take it upon themselves to only hire white folk, as he has stated he would do. The simple fact that this is being bought up in AZ again, where the major minority is Latino, speaks volumes. Affirmative action is there to force to the majority, (white), not to be racist, since they had proved otherwise.

999969999, quoting MLK makes you look sorta Glenn-Beckian. King would be sickened to see the context in which you use his teachings. He is the reason why affirmative action even exists.
    Dear stupid-fuck:

I speak of U.S. citizens.

You do not.

You do not understand the difference, and, indeed, do not even acknowledge that there is a difference.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    More of the same, it appears. I can say l33t would do quite well in a university classroom where the professors are not radio hosts.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    More of the same, it appears. I can say l33t would do quite well in a university classroom where the professors are not radio hosts.
    ??
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I was saying that there is a difference between listening to a radio personality, and being educated.

Again, we have suspensions being handed out for being on the "wrong" side of the argument. I is OK for you to address him as "stupid fuck", but L33t so much as makes an argument (which had nothing to do with illegals since this is an AA topic), and gets suspended.

I'm out of this for the same reason I would leave a sleazy billiard hall. Have fun patting yourselves on the back and agreeing with one another.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I was saying that there is a difference between listening to a radio personality, and being educated.

Again, we have suspensions being handed out for being on the "wrong" side of the argument. I is OK for you to address him as "stupid fuck", but L33t so much as makes an argument (which had nothing to do with illegals since this is an AA topic), and gets suspended.

I'm out of this for the same reason I would leave a sleazy billiard hall. Have fun patting yourselves on the back and agreeing with one another.
    That isn't why he was disabled. Don't derail this thread (like others) with talks of why he was disabled again.

Also, if you choose not to comment, that's perfectly acceptable, but there's no need to comment about how you won't be commenting; just abstaining from doing so is sufficient.

As for my two pennies on the topic, how could affirmative action not be considered racist when it provides favoritism on the basis of race?

yo

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    wait so this means black people wont get pulled over for being black! an now whites will get pulled over just as much as our negro brothers.... incredible, wait wait wait dont tell me mexicans wont get carded at every chance..... its a gift from Jesus how words on paper can change profiling. Arizona is a safe place brothers let us rejoice. -.-

its BS media to put masses at ease this shit is still going on hard core in Arizona; believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see you ignorant bastards =D
    Pimpn aint easy ®

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    If you think racism is going to go away one day, you are going to be waiting a long time because it never will. People will always not like someone else for whatever reason.

Knowing this, when should AA be abolished? Also I don't know how many jobs I applied for and never got, despite having the qualifications, due to AA. I might be white but I have just as much right to support my family as anyone else. I am not some elite rich white guy. I am just an average joe trying to get by and want a fair shake.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    So, how many jobs did you apply for and not get?
    One...a hundred?
    How do you know you didn't get them because of affirmative action?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    How do you know you didn't get them because of affirmative action?
    Because I was told by someone employed at the business. Was there a point to your line of questioning?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast