Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: False Front Tracker Logins

pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadPoet View Post
    You do realize that getting higher level is the last thing tracker staff would like to get?
    It's useless for them and only brings unnecessary attention from traders/collectors...
    Exactly. The irony here is that the people who seem to think that trackers are trying to hype up themselves are precisely the people who are taken by hype themselves. They're so preoccupied by it that they seem to think that everything revolves around trying to hype something up.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    I'm guessing most fake login pages are to hide the site from the provider who is hosting the site.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    I'm guessing most fake login pages are to hide the site from the provider who is hosting the site.
    That makes little to no sense. Hiding from the host is a moot point, considering the host can just root in and check what files are hosted on the server exactly, past the login front. The only exception, is when you buy out a guy at the DC, in which case, it wouldn't make much sense having a fake front, then, would it?

At the same time, there are multiple hosts that will gladly cater to a demanding site's needs without giving a damn about the material or content hosted, especially in countries that don't have laws forbidding piracy/downloading (I've heard Korea/Canada are always a good call) or as long as jurisdiction doesn't apply (right past the US border for 90% of the media people juggle across servers).
    Ellipses go here.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    fake login pages like the one ftn uses are OK, I suppose. but some really overdo it (iTS comes to mind... )

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    You do realize that getting higher level is the last thing tracker staff would like to get?
    Can't agree with that. You should see what are the level submissions tracker staff put when they submit a tracker to the WTAW list. Haven't seen anything below 8 so far.
    So yes, many many care about their level.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Also, post-2008 community trackers most likely depend at least in part on hype in order to get any activity whatsoever. Because there have been lots these trackers and not enough people who care for them to go around.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    DeadPoet's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Can't agree with that. You should see what are the level submissions tracker staff put when they submit a tracker to the WTAW list. Haven't seen anything below 8 so far.
    So yes, many many care about their level.
    Bunch of hypocrats.
    What a lame way of promoting your tracker. But I guess it's the only way if tracker doesn't offer anything exclusive content wise and only thing it could offer is secret/the best community.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    I like the waffles front - it actually provides a relatively functional wiki with proper recipes. Search "glass of water" or something to that effect.

Oh and deadpoet I appreciate your sig.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvosita View Post
    I like the waffles front - it actually provides a relatively functional wiki with proper recipes. Search "glass of water" or something to that effect.

Oh and deadpoet I appreciate your sig.
    Thanks to the fake Waffles page I can now serve my dinner guests Dog Barf Burritos tonight to really get the ball rolling.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    Didn't see the dog barf, but that's funny as hell anyways.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast