Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: FSC talent hunt

ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    - The forums are far too full of spam for my tastes. Intelligent topics exist but are usually ignored by the forum userbase and get pushed down by the forum game threads.
    - Their IRC is somewhat active considering site size but it's a small core number of people, and it's usually fairly quiet. When I come back there's usually been a mass highlight since they do try to get conversation going.
    - Pretimes aren't 13 hours (at least for popular stuff) but they also aren't stellar, and sometimes I've had problems with the peering of the initial uploader (i.e. the actual torrent won't start until some other peers pick it up). It's worth noting this has only happened 2-3 times.
    - The clubs are just fancy names for the different forum subject areas. The leaders are in charge of stirring up activity, holding contests, etc. I actually won a game review contest a while back so that was nice
    - Request fills are quite good from what I understand, but I've never requested anything there. The only stuff I ever really request is obscure music anyway, in which case What is the better place to make the request since I can slap a big bounty on it.
    - Feature-wise it's got a lot of cool stuff but I find it a bit cluttered and hard to find all of those features. I still figure out new stuff randomly just by clicking around.
    - It's essentially ratioless if you're not a douche and can seed for a week and a half. Retention on old stuff isn't amazing but stuff often stays alive, even with just a seeder or two.
    - The staff are generally nice and fairly active and approachable.
    - The site itself is rather slow (i.e. loading times) which frustrates me to no end, and I've seen the frustrations voiced by others as well. It used to be practically unbrowseable, after the server switch a while back it's better but still slow.
    - Security is tight, it's taken much more seriously than it is elsewhere.
    - Regarding it being a successor to ScT, you'll feel more at home at SCC.

What the place really needs is more peer activity. The problem is, a lot of people get invited who are already on 20 or so torrent sites since they're "known"/noticed elsewhere, and are really only interested in the community. Even if they stick around and participate in the community, they rarely grab the content. There'll be fairly popular stuff like new 0-day TV shows that'll have hundreds of snatches elsewhere, and they'll get like 5 snatches at FSC.

Anyway if the staff want any of that removed, let me know. I tried to be fairly ambiguous about everything since I'm aware they don't want a "review" done.
    Last edited by ca_aok; 10-26-2010 at 02:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #42
    BANNED BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    I'm gonna throw in an invite as well.
    I want invite.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #43
    DeadPoet's Avatar Poster
    You are asking what we can offer to site but I keep thinking - why should someone try so hard to get into this tracker?

What's the unique things (besides community ofc ) that tracker can offer to us, bittorent users?
    Last edited by DeadPoet; 10-25-2010 at 08:27 PM.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #44
    QPD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    The problem with FSC is that there are too many collectors down there...I only see the same 100 ppl being active somehow.
    I salute sear's initiative and i am pretty sure that his "madness" won't last forever!
    Chances are small though to find genuine fresh blood here.
    Too often, we loose sight of life's simple pleasures.Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother!%$@%# upside the head!

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #45
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Would it be wrong for me to assume that the FSC members that posted in this thread are the most active ones on the site and are the ones that make FSC?

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #46
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    [QUOTE=soulreaper;3522526]
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    So are there any Indians on FSC? Maybe I could be the first?
    full of indians from top to bottom

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #47
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    Would it be wrong for me to assume that the FSC members that posted in this thread are the most active ones on the site and are the ones that make FSC?
    I didn't know that was a requirement like .
    Can the mods please go back and remove all comments that anyone made about any tracker in any thread on FST that they didn't have an intimate and absolute investment in ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #48
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    @cinephilia, really? You can go fuck yourself if you want to be like that. This has nothing to do with you. I've always thought you were ok, why would you act like such a cock about us protecting our site. FFS I would say more but I'm too pissed off and I'm not just speaking for myself so I need to moderate my words.
    lol calm down dude, i simply expressed my feeling about goku's questionable behavior.

resorting to blackmail with an e-friend to get names, and making sure both his fsc and exigo accounts are disabled for an insignificant giveaway... that's what i call being determined to harm.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #49
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    It's nice to see some old members of FST here , squirrel and PolarBear

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #50
    edited
    Last edited by SB-087; 11-08-2010 at 10:45 PM.

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast