Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What.cd invite

Quote Originally Posted by lol87 View Post
    a Danish version of FST.

I spoke with them on IRC, they were kind to open my aacount, but they disabled my invites
    You should be grateful you got to keep your account. You broke one of their rules, after all.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #22
    KRink's Avatar Headshot Deluxe BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    nevermind
    Last edited by KRink; 11-08-2010 at 06:20 AM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #23
    KRink's Avatar Headshot Deluxe BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    The user I was initially going to give the invite to didnt respond, it has been 4 days with no response, so I am giving the invite to Titure, and closing the thread. Thanks.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #24
    but india is banned !

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #25
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by mamado View Post
    but india is banned !
    only from the invites channel not from the tracker

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    only from the invites channel not from the tracker
    The condition for receiving the invite was that your country had to be banned from the invite channel... precisely because otherwise, you could just go there and get invited that way instead.

Anyway, the criteria was clear, and it was KRink's invite. If he decided to give it to Titure, there's nothing you can do, mamado. Accept it and move on.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #27
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by KRink View Post
    I am giving the invite to Titure
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    If he decided to give it to Titure
    you could at least spell his username correctly
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #28
    Me, I just copied and pasted it from KRink's post.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #29
    I just wanted to post and warn anyone who is thinking about doing a giveaway here on FST in the future. Both mine and Titure's accounts were disabled because another user here on FST informed what.cd staff of this giveaway, and I am absolutely sure of this. It really is sad to see how low some users go here on FST just to get a kick at screwing someone over. It was known to me the risks of giving away an invite to what.cd, but the chance to give back to a community that has helped me in the past superseded the restrictions imposed by tracker staff at what.cd. However because of this incident, I will no longer be doing giveaways publicly, ever - and I am disassociating myself form FST completely.

In this case, I was told by tracker staff that I was "force-fed" the rules, yet was oblivious to them, thus justifying a perma-ban for me and Titure - and I am not saying this is incorrect, that I didn't break their rules - I am saying that this never would have happened (getting accounts disabled) if a certain user here on FST would have informed the staff of the giveaway and made his deliberate post, which purpose was so the staff could say "we told you so! You were told the rules but you went ahead anyways!" when they identified me. So if you're doing a giveaway and someone makes a seeminly innocent post warning you about rules and getting banned etc, it is possible and even likely that these individuals will be the ones trying to get you banned.

I would advise anyone who is thinking of giving away invites in the future to use PMs only because by posting info publicly like ratios, speedtest (has your ip and country), etc. it makes it easier for tracker staff to track you down, even if you use completely different information when you register. Also if you can spoof you ip by using TOR, proxy tunneling, or a VPN when you log into FST, they wont be able to associate your ip on the tracker with your account on FST.

In my mind, being a Rat/Informant is the lowest possible piece of filth someone can be, and I despise these people.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #30
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If anyone's curious, I'm the one who's been accused of being the informant

Neglecting the fact that I warned you here:
    Quote Originally Posted by caaok
    Keep in mind that What comes down hard on people doing giveaways here. Also, keep in mind half the people here looking for invites will be traders or scumbags of some sort, and they're pretty harsh on people who invite those folk too. Just a heads up.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRink
    So if you're doing a giveaway and someone makes a seeminly innocent post warning you about rules and getting banned etc, it is possible and even likely that these individuals will be the ones trying to get you banned.
    Or, you know, maybe because we know it'll get you banned and want to give you a chance to not be banned?

I find it pretty funny that you think someone "snitched" on you two weeks later, as if their staff don't already keep an eye on this place. I simply gave you advice which you chose not to take, and if you somehow interpret that as you being told the rules so you could be banned, well, it's not really my fault that you're delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by KRink
    but the chance to give back to a community that has helped me in the past superseded the restrictions imposed by tracker staff at what.cd.
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out there bud.

Oh, and please, let me know how my impending ban from FST is coming along
    Last edited by ca_aok; 11-17-2010 at 04:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast