Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What.cd invite

Quote Originally Posted by KRink View Post
    I'm sorry hear this Krink.However let me tell you sometimes the tracker staff also frequents this place and somehow may have figured it out.The staff of what.cd is bit paranoid and sometimes will go to great lengths to enforce rules.
    I've become a member of many hard-to-get-into sites because of FST members like you who chose to giveaway invites so please don't be discouraged.But I agree with you that PMs is the best way to go about doing it.
    It'll be difficult to get back into what.cd coz i hear they log everything and even if you get re-invited they'll shut down your account if you are not careful
    /* KFlint : Post edit */

Good luck bro.
    Last edited by KFlint; 11-17-2010 at 11:06 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #32
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    You knew the rules. You knew the risk for not following those rules. You chose to ignore those who tried to warn you. You got caught, so take your punishment. Stop crying like a little girl and blaming your troubles on someone else. Join waffles, like the rest of the What.cd Ban Club.

I doubt anyone had to snitch on you. There's a good reason you don't see many what.cd invite offers, or filled requests. What.cd staff spend an inordinate amount of time "policing" almost every single BT related forum and they have developed a talent of being able to track down users offering their invites. Looks like you found that out the hard way.
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #33
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    well KRink i feel for u, its ridiculous to have lost ur way in trying to help someone else without any apparent motive

and as for the informant i think he shud have dropped a PM written in very simple english stating what might happen if u continue this giveaway......but its just me
    and as far as the trackers rules are concern, i give a damn to their rules,what right to they have to create rules for the portal whose very existence is based on piracy when they themselves are rejecting the MPAA and RIAA copyright rules, they shud be reminded of that old saying "charity begins from home" but having said that i do not reject the necessity of the rules which maintain the discipline, without which humans when fall into each other wud destroy everything
    i am not contradicting myself rules shud be there but if anyone is braking them they shud be warned instead of banned, in this case invite privileges restriction wud have been fair,trackers can accept a little bit of rule breaking as music industry can accept a little bit of piracy
    Last edited by whatcdfan; 11-17-2010 at 09:28 AM.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #34
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicTouch View Post
    In what can only be seen as a great twist of irony I've reported you here for counseling and apparently abating cheating .

And yes it's silly to ban people over intended acts of charity but in fairness What is hardly a closed tracker.
    Last edited by KFlint; 11-17-2010 at 11:02 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #35
    Also if you can spoof you ip by using TOR, proxy tunneling, or a VPN when you log into FST, they wont be able to associate your ip on the tracker with your account on FST.
    I seriously doubt the staff here shares IPs with trackers, so just turn images off in your profile and be careful with the links you click. I suggested an image hoster whitelist to the staff here almost a year ago, but that was never implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicTouch View Post
    It'll be difficult to get back into what.cd coz i hear they log everything and even if you get re-invited they'll shut down your account if you are not careful (by matching mac addresses or whatever)
    Well, if you try to break another rule (one account per lifetime), it kind of makes sense to get banned if they find out.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #36
    another user here on FST informed what.cd staff of this giveaway, and I am absolutely sure of this.
    The first time I heard about this was from WhatMan pasting a link after he came across it while browsing around here.

I was told by tracker staff that I was "force-fed" the rules, yet was oblivious to them
    Not oblivious to, but purposefully dismissive of.

his deliberate post, which purpose was so the staff could say "we told you so! You were told the rules but you went ahead anyways!" when they identified me.
    What caa_ok (caaok) does around here has next to nothing to do with us. In fact, I hardly maintain any contact with him on what.cd whatsoever. I informed him after you left -disabled that you were going to try to get him banned here, just so he wasn't blindsided. But caaok is not some spy for hire here. He is a solid what.cd member and clearly enjoys the FST community; he knows the rules well and was simply trying to warn you.

Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    trackers can accept a little bit of rule breaking
    We don't accept rule breaking, but we are frequently forgiving. What we're not accepting of is people coming into our -disabled channel and feeding us BS:
    < KRink> I am sorry I wouldn't have ever given an invite away if I knew I would get disabled.

At no point since starting your giveaway thread had you exemplified someone who deserved a second chance. As such, you were not given one. That's all there is to it.
    Last edited by sickofjesus; 11-17-2010 at 11:33 PM.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #37
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    I seriously doubt the staff here shares IPs with trackers
    Indeed, don't know why people keep thinking that we potentially share IPs with trackers, we just don't. You can't, on one side, allow people to giveaway invites in public and trade and on the other hand pass info of those who do to trackers. And that even applies to scammers and sellers, some might say we should in that case but that's the way it goes here...
    Last edited by KFlint; 11-18-2010 at 03:02 AM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #38
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Because laying blame is easier than accepting responsibility for your own actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #39
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I had KRink's rant passed on to me by his PMs.
    It basically says the same as here, pointing the finger to ca_aok, and my reply pretty much was everything that was written here before.

As I had the opportunity to tell him, it saddens me someone was willing to ask for his account to be deleted at FST (which we NEVER do) in order to keep his account at what.cd. It also saddens me to see FST described as a "trading-minded board", which I would adjective as narrow-minded, in lack of a more suitable expression.

It's pretty obvious ca_aok had nothing to do with this matter, he didn't snitch a thing or went grabbing IPs or info like that, which is something that would cost him, as he is aware of.

So, unfortunately, that's how this ended up. Good intentions are not always compatible with tracker's wishes, that's life.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #40
    Whoa,the what.cd staff posted here?

You can ask him "Just about anything other than analog rips, donations, and things that involve the site's code."

\m/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234