Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Happened Yesterday...

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

I thought your question was more along the lines of 'why is this guy dinging Obama?'

He's probably pretty pleased with himself atm.
    I know why he's "dinging" Obama, he's an ignorant peckerwood who will blame everything he doesn't like on Obama, relevance be damned.
    And, like most idiots, I'm sure he's quite pleased in his ignorance.

Republicans must be unbearably happy all the time, now that Obama is around to be the whipping boy.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post

I thought your question was more along the lines of 'why is this guy dinging Obama?'

I know why he's "dinging" Obama, he's an ignorant peckerwood who will blame everything he doesn't like on Obama, relevance be damned.

Republicans must be unbearably happy all the time, now that Obama is around to be the whipping boy.
    Other shoes, other feet, my friend.

I could type stale adages until my fingers are blue in the face.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13

I could type stale adages until my fingers are blue in the face.
    I thought you already had.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post

Okay, so he made a mistake claiming that it was Obama's fault in this case. But can you see why he would jump to such a conclusion? Obama seems to be trying to get the economy going again by doing road construction, which is a stupid idea. It doesn't bring money into our economy, it just circulates taxpayer money in a closed system. And from what I could see on my road trip to Oregon, there are a lot of roads being torn up which were fine and did not need any repairs. It's just busy work. A better use of the taxpayer money would have been to just have a tax holiday for one year, so everyone would have 100% of their income for take home pay. Can you imagine how much that would have done to the economy?
    Last edited by 999969999; 12-01-2010 at 06:00 PM.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post

Okay, so he made a mistake claiming that it was Obama's fault in this case. But can you see why he would jump to such a conclusion?
    Of course, Fox has conditioned him to blame Obama for everything he doesn't like.
    Obama seems to be trying to get the economy going again by doing road construction, which is a stupid idea.
    Given our dilapidated and inadequate infrastructure, I must disagree.
    It doesn't bring money into our economy, it just circulates taxpayer money in a closed system.
    It's not a "closed system" because you have product (i.e., highways/bridges/dams, whathaveyou...) at the end that didn't exist before.
    A better use of the taxpayer money would have been to just have a tax holiday for one year, so everyone would have 100% of their income for take home pay. Can you imagine how much that would have done to the economy?
    I can imagine what effect that plan would have on the millions of unemployed...absolutely zero.
    I can also imagine what effect a complete cessation of tax revenue would have on cities nationwide already struggling with budget shortfalls...disaster.

You need to think things through slightly more than Fox prefers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12