Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Four-Inch PC

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    If it wasn't for the constant Mac bashing by my friends and cyber douches I would of switched years ago.

Better start learning the MacOS UI soon.

What the fuck! Australians are getting ass raped - $200 dollars extra.

700 U.S. dollars = 722.916452 Australian dollars not $899.00

http://www.apple.com/au/macmini/

Found a cheaper store called BuyMac, I can only look harder I guess?

Nice design Apple thought of isn't it?

Last edited by iLOVENZB; 12-02-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Well, it's not much cheaper in Germany either. Cheapest price here is 679€ = (USD) $896. In the UK it's even $935 in the Apple store.

It's not only Apple's fault. Import taxes and other country specific factors play a role.

Maybe this site is helpful for Australia: http://www.macpricesaustralia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    Nice design Apple thought of isn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1HwqBodanA
    Looks like the old Mac Mini.

Last edited by Polarbear; 12-02-2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    If it wasn't for the constant Mac bashing by my friends and cyber douches..

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Your a Mac fan Detale?

I've seen the new model for Mac Mini on eBay (Buy it now) for $790 (AUD) . I've also seen 20" iMac's for <$600 (AUD) can't really tell the model because I haven't done enough research.

Fuel for the fire: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apple
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    OHH GOD NO! I hate MAc computers with all my being. They are waay overpriced for the hardware you get. The OS isn't bad and as you may already know I am a sellout as I have an ipad and an ipod touch 4g, but in fairness I got both of them through a shady friend when they "fell off the back of a truck" for less than half the retail price. You will pay at least HALF for the same hardware using another OS.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Fair enought Detale. I have a few "shady" friends myself and that's usually where I get my gear from. I try not to get anything from them which is high in retail price to avoid suspicion. I've looked on eBay and there are a few G5's under $100 with the known lines on monitor fault. Not even going to bother with a desktop over half a decade old which is about a century in Apple years .

I've actually bought a few iPhone apps, is there a emulator for the Mac's yet? This article is 2 years old, surely there is one by now? : http://www.tidbits.com/Talk/2238

Nobody can really complain about Apple's design for the ranges. I mean the G5 Mac pro case is orgazmic to look at.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Oh sure aesthetically they have some wonderful looking products. I like the iPad/pod's I have very much. Have you not seen my thread on the g5? When I get back to work I will have some cash to throw into it ATM it's a stale project. What in the HELL do you mean you "bought" apps?? check out demonoid man they have a decent selection also seeing as how you love NZB's usenet has almost all of em too.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    I sometimes like to support devs, artist etc .
    Spoiler: Show

Anyway ... did you end up posting your end product for your G5 project ?

I was going to get a G5 mod but the only case I could find was one from U.S. and the freight was nearly more than the retail for a G5 desktop .

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I don't mind buying some apps either. I grab everything first via Installous and test it out. If it's an app I've been using for a couple months and it appears I'd like to keep using it, I'll usually go ahead and buy it when it needs an update or something.

If the Grooveshark app (on Cydia) would cut it's monthly rate in half, I'd consider paying for that as well.

yo

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by sridharsudha View Post
    very cool. The price is a bit to much right now for close to $900 does not get you a whole lot compared to if you built or bought a pc for around that price. I know he was talking about people using it to stream movies really? That would be a pain having all these external encloses everywhere since this pc only has 8gb SSD drive. Now I could see them selling it as a home theater pc this thing would easily fit anywhere and not stick out. ...
    How about behind the TV? In a cabinet? In a drawer? Behind the entertainment center?

Seriously, how can you not find a place to stash a 4" block?

yo

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast