Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: newsgroups = more rare stuff or not ?

cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDOSE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post

Umm.. "whoever" can upload to Usenet as well. There is plenty of shady content on Usenet.
    ALOT less then torrents by 99%, and all that "shady" posts your talking about rarely gets indexed by sites like this one
    thanks for the laugh.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Usenet Dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    thanks for the laugh.
    +1

Shady content is spammed to multiple newsgroups on a daily basis. Torrents will never be able to compete with, let alone beat, the usenet when it comes to such filth.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    With experience you learn how to avoid "shady" content pretty efficiently even using simple indexers.And its a good experience. Manual indexers miss lots of stuff posted out there

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by neoragexxx View Post
    I agree with your testimonial DDL forums are the best for rare files/applications.. From what i discovered last days BT more or less equals with usenet material.
    That was my conclusion too. I dig Usenet more though because it has better security and guaranteed speeds(but of course it costs).

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post

ALOT less then torrents by 99%, and all that "shady" posts your talking about rarely gets indexed by sites like this one
    thanks for the laugh.
    You should go through his post-history ... he's a truly gifted stand-up comedian
    Can you feel the LOVE

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Come on now guys. No reason to bash justdose just because he obviously doesn't know a lot about BT.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post

Umm.. "whoever" can upload to Usenet as well. There is plenty of shady content on Usenet.

I (seriously) have found it to be just the opposite. Torrent downloads usually take longer to d/l but (I have found) are of better quality while Usenet d/ls are much faster but are of less reliable quality.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    I use BT and Usenet. A good tracker will have good speeds/content. Usenet will always have good speeds but limited retention and varying quality content. Try one of the free usenet trials and see for yourself.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by kton25 View Post
    Usenet will always have good speeds but limited retention and varying quality content.
    Several Usenet providers have around 850+ days of retention and is growing. How it that limited? A lot of the content found on torrents is the same that is on usenet. The same tv shows and movies, games.
    Last edited by Malcontent; 12-11-2010 at 03:26 AM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by filedud View Post

I (seriously) have found it to be just the opposite. Torrent downloads usually take longer to d/l but (I have found) are of better quality while Usenet d/ls are much faster but are of less reliable quality.
    What? Download apples from Usenet and not oranges.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast