Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: George Soros-- we need more foreign influence in the United States.

Well, I have to go meet a customer for lunch, so off I go! Later!
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post
    I love nuclear power. It is clean, safe, and provides plentiful energy. I wish they would build a nuclear plant in Springerville. I would be fine with that.
    And your plan for handling/disposal of the waste is what, exactly?
    Oh, nevermind...radiation is odorless and invisible ergo, completely safe, just like your beloved coal fired generating plant.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    惡魔的提倡者

No, energy production should be a private, for-profit venture. But the government has an interest in helping to promote domestic energy production for the prosperity and security of the country. So, instead of being the enemy of domestic energy production, like it currently is, it should try to be helpful.

Eminent domain should be used whenever the public has an overriding need for something, like a road or energy. The majority of the local town votes that they want a golf course or a mini mall there, then I think eminent domain should be used. Like I said, if they want to pay us what the land is worth and some moving costs to relocate to Pinetop, Arizona, then they can have our land and go nuts with it. I don't care what they put there. I'm not attached to land. It is just something to use and something which has value and can be bought and sold.
    Wow

You support government having the right to take private property from one and give it to another private entity

That doesn't sound like tyranny to you?

Could come in handy. Towns could vote to use eminent domain to displace families with differing religious views, just make sure to build a mini mall there to cover up the real reason. Don't like those immigrants? no problem, replace them with movie theater.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    I love nuclear power. It is clean, safe, and provides plentiful energy. I wish they would build a nuclear plant in Springerville. I would be fine with that.
    And your plan for handling/disposal of the waste is what, exactly?
    Oh, nevermind...radiation is odorless and invisible ergo, completely safe, just like your beloved coal fired generating plant.
    What do we currently do with nuclear waste from Palo Verde?

Why would this be any different?
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Palo Verde's waste sits on site because there's nowhere else to put it.
    Given how harmless it is, you could probably make some bank by storing it in your garage.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Palo Verde's waste sits on site because there's nowhere else to put it.
    Given how harmless it is, you could probably make some bank by storing it in your garage.
    It must not be that big of a deal then, if it is being stored next to a huge city like Phoenix.

Hiroshima still has people living in it. It's not a wasteland.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Brilliant example.
    I hear that Chernobyl is lovely in the winter also.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Does this sound like a nuclear wasteland to you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroshima

"As of 2006, the city has an estimated population of 1,154,391, while the total population for the metropolitan area was estimated as 2,043,788 in 2000.[27] The total area of the city is 905.08 kmē, with a density of 1275.4 persons per kmē.[28]

The population around 1910 was 143,000.[5] Before World War II, Hiroshima's population had grown to 360,000, and peaked at 419,182 in 1942.[28] Following the atomic bombing in 1945, the population dropped to 137,197.[28] By 1955, the city's population had returned to pre-war levels.[29
    "

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    It's unclear as to how you think a city that was bombed once is comparable to long term storage of nuclear waste.
    Hint: It's not.
    Last edited by clocker; 12-10-2010 at 04:15 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    It's unclear as to how you think a city that was bombed once is comparable to long term storage of nuclear waste.
    Hint: It's not.

So, you're saying that a nuclear bomb puts out less radiation than spent fuel rods being stored away? I'll admit I haven't read anything about this, but it just makes sense to me that a nuclear bomb would put out more radiation than spent fuel rods.

And still, how do you explain that Palo Verde is storing it's nuclear waste just to the west of Phoenix without any problems? If it's such a big deal, wouldn't Phoenix be concerned about this matter?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast