Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: ScT's new home!

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    [QUOTE=cinephilia;3535023]
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

i'd be willing to pay to get this release 28 seconds after pre.
    Understandable in your case since you could make use of the extra seven seconds to have sex.

btw
    I don’t know what the world may need,
    But I’m sure as hell that is starts with me.
    And that’s a wisdom,
    I’ve laughed at.

I don’t know what the world may want,
    But a good stiff drink it surely don’t.
    So I think I’ll go and fix myself a tall one.

Cause, what the world needs now
    Is a new kind of tension.
    Cause the old one just bores me to death.
    Cause, what the world needs now
    Is another scene tracker
    Like I need a hole in my head.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    ElitUser's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Like to know what needs to have the equipment for a 0-days tracker to achive the fast pretime.
    My gues - High Speed Processor, High Speed Net Connection and top axx site.
    Is it OK or need to have more things.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    hmm why? its still just a < 1meg .torrent the tracker has to deal with, sorry just seems like a stupid thing to say to me lol

other trackers will crash if that tracker have so many big packs..
    I mean to say: large packs= more pieces in that torrent= more peers/swarm = more the number/rate of announcements to the tracker= increase of tracker load.
    and then if the tracker is not optimized, (specially php trackers which can't handle more than 10-20k peers) tracker will crash again & again.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitUser View Post
    Like to know what needs to have the equipment for a 0-days tracker to achive the fast pretime.
    what u need is a consistent performance time and again. For that u need to have a massive setup of autos on whole lot of Top sites. In case one fails the other will auto it.
    Furthur details are beyond the scope of this thread.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    I think now people kids should stop makinf scene sites & should start an e-learning site. For last 2 yaers or so, no new good e-learning tracker is being started by someone. All good trackers are getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by zonked View Post
    lol...
    post those details as an attachment here.
    Last edited by bijoy; 12-02-2010 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by zonked View Post
    what u need is a consistent performance time and again. For that u need to have a massive setup of autos on whole lot of Top sites. In case one fails the other will auto it.
    That's a false assumption, and incredibly insecure (on the torrent site end). Because what's more likely than a site failing (which has what? a once a year probability?) is the fact that you get purged. And it only makes it simpler if you've spread your bots on all sorts of IP whitelists. The safer route is always to run your own site(s).

Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    hmm why? its still just a < 1meg .torrent the tracker has to deal with, sorry just seems like a stupid thing to say to me lol
    I mean to say: large packs= more pieces in that torrent= more peers/swarm = more the number/rate of announcements to the tracker= increase of tracker load.
    and then if the tracker is not optimized, (specially php trackers which can't handle more than 10-20k peers) tracker will crash again & again.
    Yeah. Optimization goes without saying, and you can mitigate server stress by increasing the announce delay. It's what a lot of trackers do. The number of pieces has nothing to do with anything.
    Ellipses go here.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    n00b
    Lets get this off the table for starters, SBT has nothing to do with ScT.

That being said, yes, you might recognize some ex-ScT people in IRC and in SBT staff. That's only because after ScT a lot of us didn't have anywhere to go. I for example stopped using my PC pretty much completely after ScT died.
    Some people from ScT had serious attempts to open a "ScT2", but I think all of those failed. So here we are now. None of us ex-ScT people were involved in creating SBT, we just went there to see what's what and thought to chime in and see what's going to happen.

So far it's looking pretty good, I must admit. Of course when you look at the site, you'll see it was opened a bit too soon and there's still a lot to do, but we have a really active codemonkeyteam. We have some really nice things coming your way

That said, we'll be closing signups in under 300 new users (Registered Users 3,206 as I'm typing this). First 3500 will receive 3 invites each. It's also free leech, and with our good-ol'-boy Splic3 aboard, you can expect some mega-fucking-huge-packs soon

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    ExtraDry's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    auto upload script no point having fast axx without it
    their is better things then top site axx, that's being one yourself

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Chief_Garbonzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Umm, yea. Prolly should change the thread title, as its not even close to the truth. It's another tracker that has NOTHING to do with ScT. Sure there may be some members on SBT that were also back on ScT, but that's nothing special? Thats like saying I'm having a party and 3 people from my economics class and 2 from my math class are coming. Doesn't make sense does it? EXACTLY, lol. However, things are looking great so far. I have nothing negative to say about the place... it's just chapter 1 in its book though.
    In the morning, cooking bacon. In the ghetto, with the bullet-proof apron!

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Eezeee View Post
    That's only because after ScT a lot of us didn't have anywhere to go.
    and yet, there's always been plenty of 0day trackers out there such as SCC, TL or Revtt
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast