Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avg 7.0 And Synamtec 8.1

Originally posted by 3223@7 November 2003 - 04:46

i already have AVG but i want to get Nav Corp and uninstall AVG.
    dude, if u have AVG -- u r in EXCELLENT shape. Dont bother getting NAV. Stick with AVG -- it does the job perfectly. There is NO eed to get any other AV program.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by KurtCocain+8 November 2003 - 05:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KurtCocain @ 8 November 2003 - 05:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3223@7 November 2003 - 04:46

i already have AVG but i want to get Nav Corp and uninstall AVG.
    dude, if u have AVG -- u r in EXCELLENT shape. Dont bother getting NAV. Stick with AVG -- it does the job perfectly. There is NO eed to get any other AV program. [/b][/quote]
    AVG is far from excellent . It is good for the price,but I suppose at a price of &#036;0.00 what can you really expect. It doesn&#39;t do shit,it doesn&#39;t repair infected files it just quarantines them and even that it doesn&#39;t do well.My friend "had" AVG and he got the blaster worm.AVG quarantined it but the virus stayed active in quarantine.His computer was fucked. I leave my computer on 24/7 and I had the blaster attempt to hit me dozens of times but Norton did it&#39;s job and I stayed virus free. I now have the Corp version of Norton and I really like it,you can actually scan in the background while playing games without it effecting gameplay.
    I do have AVG installed on one computer in my house but there is a reason for that.the reason is because the comp is only a P1-166 mhz and Norton boggs it down so bad it is even more useless than usual.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by sharedholder@7 November 2003 - 07:20
    Is more usefull to have an anti trojan and antivirus than two av (my opinion).
    i use anti-trogan 5.5 aswell

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    how much longer does symantec 8.1 take?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    I&#39;ve been using AVG for a long time with absolutely no problems. Just have it auto update regularly (Mine does this every day with a scan). I would recomend it to anyone.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12