Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wikileaks

HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Assange has stated the wikileaks will probably end up with blood on its hands due to some of what is released...not real "noble" to serve up someone else's life.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    惡魔的提倡者
    I was just reading an article about Wikileak supporters hacking sites of people that say unfavorable things about wikileaks. Then I got a timeout screen when I clicked on this thread

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot View Post
    Assange has stated the wikileaks will probably end up with blood on its hands due to some of what is released...not real "noble" to serve up someone else's life.
    So, it's far more ethical to preserve the secrecy that allows the US (and it's allies) to continue drone bombing civilians in Pakistan, making deals with corrupt Saudi leaders in exchange for oil (on their terms, of course) and supporting the inept/unpopular government of Afghanistan?

Why is it that governments (and their real corporate leaders) are allowed to operate on a completely separate moral plane than individuals?
    Why have banks/Wall Street been allowed to completely gut the world's financial structure and suffer no penalty?
    Why do either of the above get to don a cloak of secrecy and claim "national security" as the excuse, when the same convenient self-serving defense would have zero traction for you as an individual?

Why is the outcry over what Wikileaks did more clamorous than the outrage at what was exposed?

Is the "free press" only free when they service the goals of government?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Is the "free press" only free when they service the goals of government?
    Is the free press really free when they are so blatantly one sided on anything involving the Obama administration? I swear it seems like Chris Matthews wants to have Obama's baby.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Just because you keep harping on that tired canard doesn't make it so.
    Have you any response pertinent to this discussion or will you continue to parrot Fox?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Just because you keep harping on that tired canard doesn't make it so.
    Have you any response pertinent to this discussion or will you continue to parrot Fox?
    Have you ever watched Chris Matthews?
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Still irrelevant.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Still irrelevant.
    Why?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Um, because we're discussing Wikileaks.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I would like a question answered; What defines a journalist?

How can 'professional' American journalist who work for American publishers not be threatened with execution for treason while a internet activist, who isn't even a U.S. citizen be?

Not that it matters because as far as I am aware Assange is being trialed for rape allegations not his involvement as a "terrorist organization". It's just a coincidence the rape allegations came shortly after sensitive cables were leaked.

Noob question: Why are they called cables and not something like documents?
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 12-11-2010 at 04:04 AM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast