Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: PtN

Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    thats a very daring statement
    Considering human nature? I find that most people contradict themselves a lot more often than they realize. Especially given enough time passing.

Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    exactly..........as you can see cine was interacting with lea88 and not you
    And, as I can also see, I am the OP of this thread, so I feel entitled to comment on it. You wanna know why? VVVVVVVVV

Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #32
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    True, but given enough time, and inclination, I could probably find enough posts for any active member of this forum to make them out to be a hypocrite.
    Yeah but that would chalk up to different conditions and a change of opinions more than an individual actually being a hypocrite. (edit: ) Which I assume is the point you were trying to make, but you were also trying to make the point that anyone can sound like a hypocrite given a contextual bastardization, and I was refuting that point as being contextomy rather than hypocrisy.

To be honest, I don't have anything against Lea's stance (I'd probably say the contrary if I was grouped amongst the people the he/she does have a problem with, only because I'd love to reciprocate the hate), he/she seems to want something, goes for it, and in the mean time provides me with humor.
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 12-17-2010 at 07:44 PM.
    Ellipses go here.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    Yeah but that would chalk up to different conditions and a change of opinions more than an individual actually being a hypocrite.
    Good sir, that was kind of my point
    Think 9 is the new 10.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #34
    I had an edit in there, too, you know!

Especially with all the blue double arrows. Jeeze now I'm just being vague.
    Ellipses go here.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #35
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    CN is dead? I used to be a member there, but haven't logged to my account in a long time. What happened to it?..
    I used to be a member of PTN also, but my account was disabled because of inactivity. (Though I wasn't really that inactive). I dunno if I wanna become a member of PTN again...

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    I had an edit in there, too, you know!

Especially with all the blue double arrows. Jeeze now I'm just being vague.
    HAHA! In before teh edit! My point was primarily that words, out of context, carry virtually no weight with me. That's why I actually bother to read peoples post history, so as to get as full a view of that person as possible in this limited setting. I actively look for those changes of opinion and such, so as to not take peoples recent words out of context, as that is very easy to do. I also try reeeeeeealllllllly hard to not hold people's interpersonal clashes against them, as there is no fair way to judge someone by their interactions with one person, ESPECIALLY on the internet, though I will grant that sometimes it is entirely possible to do so rightly, if not fairly. If everyone judged me by my attitude and rancorous oratory towards pokerpays/jws/theplay/etc/etc/etc, I'd probably be considered quite a dick, but I'm not normally like that, so that tempestuousness is not considered my median behavior. At least to people that are familiar with my normal posting style.

On a side note, but I am wondering if some people are unfamiliar with the turn of phrase "make them out to be"? It means, by my usage, falsely imply through misrepresentation of facts out of context. Just for clarity's sake.
    Think 9 is the new 10.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #37
    The phrase, in my usage is usually made out to be a reference to drawing conclusions. For example, you make jwsis out to be a terrible person, sometimes. Not necessarily a false sentence, but I'm emphasizing the fact that that's the conclusion I've drawn. Regardless of whether it's contextual based or not. The phrase holds no grounds with me by virtue of accountability.

On the other hand, as for the rest of your post, I agree with you entirely. Individuals should be judged on the sum of their parts, as you would in real life, as well. The internet seems to be a solid barrier in the way of that specific mentality.
    Ellipses go here.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #38
    Glad I explained myself then. What were we talking about again?

/me looks at the topic
    Think 9 is the new 10.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #39
    How did the recruitment actually go? I noticed a staff bump so I'm assuming there's enough draw to necessitate such a move?
    Ellipses go here.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #40
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    When did CN die?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast