Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FLAC level?

dannyyelly's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to identify flac levels? I have got this mp3 player which supports flac (according to the cowon site) (rockbox is not stable)
    but i could not play any flac. in the specifications it was said it supports flac level 0~8..So i am wondering how to identify these (i think its the problem)

one other thing where can i get lossless multichannel audio (i.e. DVD?) . Once i downloaded 2 such albums (reanimation and the black album to be specific) and though size is huge on my speakers these songs sound awesome. But i dont see many of these anywhere..
    Last edited by dannyyelly; 01-04-2011 at 08:20 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    All FLAC is between 0 and 8, that shouldn't be the issue. Any music player that plays FLAC should tell you the compression level, you could also use a program like MediaInfo.

Make sure the FLAC is at 44.1kHz, apparently the iAudio7 won't read other sample rates.

You can get multichannel music at What and Waffles, I'm not aware of any torrent site that's dedicated to multichannel tracks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    dannyyelly's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    yes.. i forgot about sampling rates
    that was the problem .. thanks..
    anyways flac is not good for mp3 player, no difference between v0 and flac in headphones..

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyyelly View Post
    yes.. i forgot about sampling rates
    that was the problem .. thanks..
    anyways flac is not good for mp3 player, no difference between v0 and flac in headphones..
    that kinda depends on your ear and headphones,
    but its surely not good for your battery

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    FLAC on a PMP is useless. Ambient noise and shoddy internal circuitry ruin pretty much any difference you'd hear between FLAC and MP3. I have my library set to auto transcode FLAC->V2 on the fly when I sync so I can fit more songs
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    I have my library set to auto transcode FLAC->V2 on the fly when I sync so I can fit more songs
    how do you do that?
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    There's a plugin for foobar2000 that'll do it for iPods. I understand MediaMonkey can do it as well.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    for ipods only ?
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    for ipods only ?
    The plugin I use (foo_dop) is for ipods only, but there might be plugins for other media players as well.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Do any mp3 players have hardware good enough to differentiate FLAC from v0? I've always thought it moronic to load rockbox onto an ipod for FLAC. If you truly have a good soundsystem there has to be a better way of loading up your music than through shitty ipod headphone jacks, right?
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 01-04-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast