Thread: Article: $99 TouchPad Too Good to Pass Up

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    I just checked with Amazon.com and at present they do not have the updated price. Also, no one is showing stock for either the 16GB or the 32GB. Hopefully today they will be released as I would like to have one.

Just picked up the 32GB at Staples!
    Last edited by rbendorf; 08-20-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by rbendorf View Post
    I just checked with Amazon.com and at present they do not have the updated price. Also, no one is showing stock for either the 16GB or the 32GB. Hopefully today they will be released as I would like to have one.

Just picked up the 32GB at Staples!
    Kool not surprised tho after HP stated their getting out of the PC game .

Link : http://www.businessweek.com/ap/finan.../D9P7A6JG3.htm

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    Chief_Garbonzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Wow! $99 for 16GB and $149 for 32GB is indeed a steal! I've been checking a lot of sites, but no one has put that price up except for the Canadian sites, and they don't have inventory showing yet, and on the Canada BestBuy site it does say $99 but in other spots has the normal $399 still. So I dunno. I just woke up and I had all the tabs open on my browser from the nite before, as I refreshed them, a lot of the sites changed their layout on the HP tablets... meaning something is going on but I dunno yet. rbendorf - did you get yers at Staples for the reduced price? Or did you pay full and then will get a price match when the frenzy starts??

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief_Garbonzo View Post
    Wow! $99 for 16GB and $149 for 32GB is indeed a steal! I've been checking a lot of sites, but no one has put that price up except for the Canadian sites, and they don't have inventory showing yet, and on the Canada BestBuy site it does say $99 but in other spots has the normal $399 still. So I dunno. I just woke up and I had all the tabs open on my browser from the nite before, as I refreshed them, a lot of the sites changed their layout on the HP tablets... meaning something is going on but I dunno yet. rbendorf - did you get yers at Staples for the reduced price? Or did you pay full and then will get a price match when the frenzy starts??
    Got it for 149.99+tax...as I said earlier it was probably the only one they had in stock. Another guy came in after me and they told him they had no more. The Office Depot down the street did not have any...even though they said they had 3 in stock when I called. Good luck finding one. I called Amazon.com and they would probably be the best bet.

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    UPDATE: for those that expect something from Best Buy, you may be disappointed.

7. vBCms Comments   -   #7
    brento's Avatar Poster
    I got mine from the HP small and medium business site