Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there any Waffles staff here which I can talk to, since I just get kicked from IRC

Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    Edit3: And I'm back baby
    Great to hear that!

Did you get to keep your posting privileges?

Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    Anther bittorrent unique..
    Sadly, I missed that live show..
    Makes sense, considering the thread was started before you joined. I'd have missed it too (in my lurker days), if someone hadn't linked me to it on ICQ.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Great to hear that!

Did you get to keep your posting privileges?
    I actually only lost them for one month, so even better than I could ever have hoped for
    Last edited by Night0wl; 01-09-2011 at 10:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Well this sucks, I just invited a friend who uses Vuze onto What.cd

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Well they don't seem intent on changing their minds, so either he has to change to uTorrent, or rather become a Waffles member.

If it is someone you really trust and don't have an invite to there, then I might be able to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    Well this sucks, I just invited a friend who uses Vuze onto What.cd
    Tell him to run uTorrent for What.cd. Make that Halite if he thinks uT is evil. It's sad, but that's how it is, and it doesn't look like it'll change anytime soon, so it's their way or Waffles the highway.
    Last edited by anon; 01-09-2011 at 11:14 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Chief_Garbonzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Why do people still use Vuze?!? I fix computers on the side as extra income, and 75% of them I have to fix because of virus/spyware/trojan etc were all contracted through using Vuze. After speaking to my clients about it, some of them even swear up & down they never visited a public tracker... but I dunno.

p.s. Congrats on getting back in! Happy endings ftw!
    In the morning, cooking bacon. In the ghetto, with the bullet-proof apron!

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief_Garbonzo View Post
    Why do people still use Vuze?!? I fix computers on the side as extra income, and 75% of them I have to fix because of virus/spyware/trojan etc were all contracted through using Vuze.
    I wonder how you can contact malware through Vuze and how it differs from getting junk using any other client.

The client's very good, by the way. And cross-platform.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    dannyyelly's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Why do people still use Vuze?!? I fix computers on the side as extra income, and 75% of them I have to fix because of virus/spyware/trojan etc were all contracted through using Vuze.
    I wonder how you can contact malware through Vuze and how it differs from getting junk using any other client.

The client's very good, by the way. And cross-platform.
    wondering about the same thing.. those people might have gotten viruses/malware through free pr0n sites or something and they did not want to admit that..
    George Mallory immortalised the challenge of the mountain, and man's urge to conquer it, in four simple words: "because it is there."

may be that's why people want to get into some tracker!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Why do people still use Vuze?!? I fix computers on the side as extra income, and 75% of them I have to fix because of virus/spyware/trojan etc were all contracted through using Vuze. After speaking to my clients about it, some of them even swear up & down they never visited a public tracker... but I dunno.

p.s. Congrats on getting back in! Happy endings ftw!
    I am wondering, how does other clients search and filter the malwares?

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    You can get spyware/malware anywhere, but I doubt you can blame a torrent client itself. Sometimes though, its not even the end users fault. I myself have been infected going to a legitimate site, that had legitimate advertising popups, but one of their advertisers sites was infected, so when the popup appeared, boom, infected. I work on computers all day for a living cleaning this garbage up.

I do prefer utorrent though as it is less resource intensive last time I tried vuze.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123