Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Status of BitMeTV.Org

n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by peeves View Post
    I was just thinking about this especially after the "ratio booster event" BMTV had a few weeks before. I've been a member for close to two years and this was the first time I've ever witness some sort of freeleech event. I assumed it because BMTV had recognized BTN as a rival and this event was perhaps a consolation to their remaining active members.

To me BMTV is like a stubborn old man refusing to budge and persistently thinking its way is the best. Whereas BTN is like a youthful adolescent not afraid of change and willing to explore in order to improve. Unless BMTV makes new changes or implements new features, it is likely in the near future that BTN would dethrone BMTV as king of the TV trackers.
    no way you've been there for two years, they've done the christmas bonus every year since they opened over 5 years ago. First few years was double upload only, last 2 or 3 was double upload, half-download.

as for comments about their top10 code being broken, IIRC, about 2 or 3 years ago some of the major uploaders threatened to stop uploading altogether because they wanted to remain anonymous, but their names were all in the top 10 list. Since it's a feature I don't think I've ever used on any torrent site, I'm not sure why that's an important feature. I don't even know that they have a professional coder on staff

anyway, the main issue that seems to be getting raised here is that the torrents there are too well seeded. As opposed to the majority of sites where the main complaint is that the torrents are under-seeded. Bitmetv is not for the casual torrenter, period. It never claimed it was, most of the people on staff there have always agreed that it takes more work on the member's part to keep an account in good standing.

They're still my exclusive site for tv content, both new & old, and I have very little trouble seeding back to 1:1 within 48 hours on a home connection on just about anything I DL there.

Their current site design leaves something to be desired, but the bottom line is it works. I'm not sure why they would really need to grow their userbase, it's been between 18,000 and 23,000 for at least the last 4 years, that seems healthy enough to me.

The forums are less active than they were 4 years ago, but part of that has to be the changing times. when bmtv began, no one I knew was watching their favorite shows on an ipod or smartphone, or streaming entire seasons of shows from netflix... These days I read that netflix accounts for something like 25% of ALL internet activity in the evenings. A big percentage of that has to be tv shows. Stuff that was hard to find 4 years ago is available from a lot of sources now, many of them 100% legal. I used to get 90% of my tv shows from bitmetv, but I now DVR at least half the shows I watch. I use bitmetv for UK & Swedish tv shows now, and maybe 25% of the US shows I watch are downloaded from BMTV.
    Last edited by djkamikaze; 01-15-2011 at 12:28 AM.
    DO NOT SPAM ME FOR INVITES, unless I have offered you one. anybody I don't know who PM's me asking for an invite will be reported to FST staff for spamming me. SPAMMERS are assholes!

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    Seedbox Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    And has anyone noticed that the ones most staunchly defending BMTV are the ones who have the most to lose? I bet if people stopped using BMTV they'd lose quite a significant chunk of their business.
    Maybe you missed my multi-point first point outlining all the reasons I think BMTV is failing and will be surpassed by BTN in content, quality, speeds & community very soon. If I wanted to promote my business I would 1) buy advertising and 2) be posting in the Seedbox forum, not here.

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Just because you've promoted one doesn't mean you can't defend the other. They aren't mutually exclusive. And you have done both. I was mostly referring to xirvflux anyhow as his post was far more aggressive and blatant in his defense of seedboxes. Although the fact to you seem to refuse to even acknowledge TVT as a viable alternative doesn't exactly help your cause.

And there already is a site that has surpassed BMTV in content, quality, speeds, retention, selection, you name it. It's called TVT. I feel like I'm talking to brick wall here, you've never even felt the need to start a debate with me, only blithely ignoring my arguments while stubbornly referencing only BMTV and BTN. Shows how pervasive this elitist attitude is, people just seem to ignore plain facts. There are countless shows on TVT I haven't been able to find through BMTV, recent and older files easily tend to have 5-10x as much seeders, the retention is far better on old, 5-10 year old shows, and with 2-3 torrents it is incredibly easy to max your upload pipe. And you get a 1.5x upload bonus if you're a seeder. TVT has surpassed BMTV, and it has for quite a while. It's just simple facts.

So is there going to be a point and time at which you'll actually respond to the points in my post? For the last 2-3 posts all you've managed to do is completely ignore the meat of my post while only choosing the smallest semantics in my word choice to nitpick over. Are you ever going to substantiate a response to the previous points I have made, or perhaps you can't think up of an argument against us, as, well, Idol's and my points actually make logical sense?
    Last edited by Rart; 01-15-2011 at 09:52 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    Seedbox Provider
    Nah I think I'll just ignore all of it

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Six66Mike View Post
    I believe this statement falls under the label of irony, but I could be wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    How to maintain a happy albeit blank superiority.

1. Make an unsubstantiated but "high sounding " statement.
    2. If anyone gives counter-arguments put fingers in ears all the while silently repeating the mantra " I am right and they are douches.I am right and they are douches "
    3. When pressed pretend that you actually already given the answer to everything and the offending parties are so far beneath you you tire of them and don't need to explain it all again.
    4. Rest comforted that no matter what "Mums" says, you have once again proven that reason , rationality and common courtesy are in fact not truly necessities of life.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Alright. Only serves to make you look bad, I couldn't care less myself. Guess this really shows how ignorant the "elite" in BT really are.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    How to maintain a happy albeit blank superiority.

1. Make an unsubstantiated but "high sounding " statement.
    2. If anyone gives counter-arguments put fingers in ears all the while silently repeating the mantra " I am right and they are douches.I am right and they are douches "
    3. When pressed pretend that you actually already given the answer to everything and the offending parties are so far beneath you you tire of them and don't need to explain it all again.
    4. Rest comforted that no matter what "Mums" says, you have once again proven that reason , rationality and common courtesy are in fact not truly necessities of life.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Last edited by Rart; 01-16-2011 at 03:30 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567