Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whatbox.ca review

Poster BT Rep: +4
    Potential customers need to be aware of their privacy policy

Account Deletion

Due to legal obligations in maintaining the accuracy of historical invoices, even if you were to delete your account, the majority of the information we store would need to be preserved within those historical records. As such, we do not allow account deletion.

While they will automatically delete the files in your slot if you cancel or decide not to renew, they DO NOT remove the customer records.
    This can become a big problem if you are a member of a tracker and get logged by a copyright troll.

Currently they only accept paypal. You are not anonymous when you use paypal. Proceed with caution.

update;
    old review was for a plan that is no longer offered and has therefore been removed
    Last edited by cherio; 05-17-2014 at 05:22 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    Good review.

If you want a similarly priced and spec'd, check out the small from pulsedmedia. Only 4-6 users per server, no 2MB/s limit although being OVH you might get less speeds depending on the tracker, vs server.lu.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thanks
    Last edited by cherio; 02-28-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: offtopic

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    You can hog a line without using TPB

Either way though, we configure so not 1 user can use everything, or much more than about half in this case, without us knowing about it. Last month our small users did average of 1.7TB upload for example.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    thx

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Used a Hardon box for a month and I must say I am satisfied. Probably got ~1,5 TB worth of traffic.

However comparing the Feralhosting/Whatbox 100/100Mbps servers, the Feral gets speeds up to 20MB/s, and the whatbox got me up to 10MB/s.

7/10

Bonus points for the rTorrent restart plugin.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Aum View Post
    Used a Hardon box for a month and I must say I am satisfied.
    Hardon plan??? ROFL You mean Hadron

Some people really get excited about seeding

Last edited by cherio; 02-28-2011 at 08:20 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    Yea you can burst to the 100mbit, no problems there. We manage usage by controlling system and rtorrent resources, such that everyone gets fair go for what they pay, other providers do it differently.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelen View Post
    We manage usage by controlling system and rtorrent resources, such that everyone gets fair go for what they pay, other providers do it differently.
    I'd like you to elaborate on that, thanks.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster
    Feral, for example, doesn't limit the RAM you can use in rtorrent (or any client for that matter). We set it to a 'fair' amount, such that 1 user can only use so much. Then there are other system resource limits we set outside of rtorrent.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast