Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Causes for perpetual hash fails?

ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The same holds true for other media players, especially if they keep track of playcount (it's often added as a tag).

I think Mediamonkey keeps tags in an external DB (or can be set to). There used to be a foobar plugin for that but it's buggy and only works on the older 0.8.x versions. I wish they had something similar for the 1.x series
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    So, I am getting the impression that this could become a more pronounced problem as external devices become more common as the primary source of audio consumption? I am actually getting more stumped by this as I learn more. I would think that it would be a much more common problem if most media players retag any files played through them, or I just misunderstand the way those media player interfaces are set by default. Do you have to opt for the changing of tags consciously, or is it default action? 99% of my media consumption is with VLC, and it is minimal by default.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    I know it's not on my end
    I only said it can be, sometimes. The vast majority of the time the other guy is to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    99% of my media consumption is with VLC, and it is minimal by default.
    I use Winamp, and never ever had these issues. Some iTunes users keep a copy of their music albums for use with that program just to avoid this.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    In iTunes all you need to do is disable "sound check". I'm not sure if it's enabled by default. I hardly use iTunes for playback because it doesn't support FLAC. I mostly use Vox and XBMC. These as well as VLC don't change tags by default.

Don't know about the countless other players.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ^Not true, it still adds a playcount tag. Disabling Soundcheck just removes Apple's lulzworthy proprietary attempt at ReplayGain.

Personally I just leave a second copy seeding if it's badly tagged, or just stop seeding it period. Foobar stores playcount in its internal settings, so as long as there aren't real issues with the tags it works fine. It'd still be nice to have a completely external tag database again though.
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    ^Not true, it still adds a playcount tag.
    No.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    If so, that's a recent development.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear
    With Azureus you can even move them to different folders.
    You can do that very easily with uTorrent as well.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Some sites actually track how much bad data you upload...
    I know oink used to even back in the day.
    I do on my site as well though I don't remove data amounts from your downloaded data.
    (Oink used to remove it from your downloaded totals if I recall correctly.)
    Its just something I started tinkering with a few months ago just to see how many users were receiving bad data.
    This is actually the first time I mentioned that I do this anywhere btw. Curious to see if anyone else checks bad data.
    Last edited by Pwner101; 02-16-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12