Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Packme.in [NOT] shutting down, AlphaOmega accepting PiN users

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    AdrianPhoto's Avatar Nice Member BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeMonkey View Post
    Epic Fail lol
    Wow, really?

On the subject: after I've heard that AO is letting PiN members in, I said.. yeah, why not!
    I have to say I really like AO, I think PiN should've went with the merger in a more professional way, like merging the users table.. the only thing that might go wrong is the hashing algorithms and salting which can be solved by email/special link password reset.
    and adding all the torrents to the AO packs categories, I mean after all PiN has only 354 torrent
    Last edited by AdrianPhoto; 02-28-2011 at 08:21 PM.

I LOVE Canada

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    I was there but did not PiN using this site, almost nothing is absolutely zero on it the page, rather I see it already in the AO future

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Both trackers are/were complete ghost towns. Hype is effervescent.

The only new tracker, to my knowledge, that has actually thrived in the last year or two is BTN. I base this solely on hearsay, since I haven't logged in since they first opened.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    bonus part is, ao got some new users thanks to this.
    Teh n00b.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    wazza100's Avatar Meh BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
    Both trackers are/were complete ghost towns. Hype is effervescent.

The only new tracker, to my knowledge, that has actually thrived in the last year or two is BTN. I base this solely on hearsay, since I haven't logged in since they first opened.
    haven't heard much about it apart from that it is a tv tracker, does it compare well with tvt and does it have any freeleech packs?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    PackMeIn Staff
    About a week ago I realized that if we didn't get the money to pay the server bill we'd have to close the site because I couldn't afford it anymore, so I made the announcement that we'd close in that case. About 2 days ago, I managed to get an excellent deal on a new server that could cover us for a year, essentially saving the site. Before I found this new server, AO was helping to give PiN users a place to go in the eventuality that we would close. Yes, PiN is still pretty inactive, but at least we have a chance to remedy that now.

Just in case anyone wanted the facts.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyPacker View Post
    About a week ago I realized that if we didn't get the money to pay the server bill we'd have to close the site because I couldn't afford it anymore, so I made the announcement that we'd close in that case. About 2 days ago, I managed to get an excellent deal on a new server that could cover us for a year, essentially saving the site. Before I found this new server, AO was helping to give PiN users a place to go in the eventuality that we would close. Yes, PiN is still pretty inactive, but at least we have a chance to remedy that now.

Just in case anyone wanted the facts.
    well, seriously, in pack trackers it is very hard to gain some serious activity.
    But I've a solution in my mind. May be you people should try to reduce the size of the packs, otherwise, who wants to download or partially seed a torrent which is 50-200GB in size. I wonder.
    Teh n00b.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    skywalker91's Avatar Poster
    damn this site haven't offered anything new for torrent scene "from my point of view"
    anyway nice to be back

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    PackMeIn Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    well, seriously, in pack trackers it is very hard to gain some serious activity.
    But I've a solution in my mind. May be you people should try to reduce the size of the packs, otherwise, who wants to download or partially seed a torrent which is 50-200GB in size. I wonder.
    Well, we have been encouraging people to upload ebook packs, imagesets, and discographies to get a flow going, but people do what they will.
    Last edited by DonkeyPacker; 03-02-2011 at 02:02 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast