Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Utorrent help/question

Quick google search found this tutorial:

http://www.askvg.com/windows-7-servi...set-to-manual/

There are a ton of other tutorials on this issue. Whatever you do, I suggest being cautious when it comes to disabling services. Setting them to manual usually is enough to get rid of most of the completely unnecessary ones. Only disable those which you are absolutely sure about.

P.S.: You may clean your autostarts, too. Run "msconfig" and disable everything that does not have to start automatically with Windows.
    Last edited by shipwreck; 03-14-2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    cibu's Avatar I gots me a seedbox BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Perfect . thank you for your help . I hope this will work .
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick.Ross @http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR2F9Km5d0w
    I’mma tell you something and don’t think that I’m weird/I eat leftover food that gets stuck in my beard

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    johhny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    or if a process is using to much memory..click right and go to the service ...then you can disable some if you don't need them...

disable from the first superfetch and prefetch they use a lot of ram
    Last edited by johhny; 03-14-2011 at 04:49 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I seed a lot from my netbook, and haven't had this issue. I however don't have a 5MB/s upload speed nor 3GB of RAM (more like 0.06MB/s and 1GB).

The suggestions given here are pretty good. Try disabling Kaspersky and then unnecessary services (there are countless guides on how to do it on the Internet). I had a problem very similar to yours a long time ago, and it was Avast's P2P shield messing up. My computer worked fine with uTorrent open after disabling that. If KAV was the cause and you decide to get a new antivirus, you could tick "append .!ut to incomplete files" and then exclude that extension from the real-time scanner, so that files aren't checked as they download.

If the problem still persists, disable the paging file (which isn't recommended on Windows 7, but should be OK for a test drive) and see what happens. The bottleneck could be your hard drive when it's swapping for whatever reason. This is likely considering you mentioned seeing the disk overloaded message as well as having two paging files.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Do keep in mind that some of those tweaks carry some risks when done on a laptop, when subjected to a possible loss of battery power.
    Who would leave his laptop seeding on battery power? I just take out the battery and plug it in a power switch to seed overnight.

And johhny, I wouldn't recommend disabling those.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12