Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: any thebox staffers arround?

Quote Originally Posted by auschris View Post
    I'm guessing they have a bot or something that scours other torrent sites looking for uploads or something?
    If by bot you mean people... maybe.

Good luck when you talk to the admin. You could ask him which site you've supposedly "stolen" torrents for, then ask to cross-check IPs to prove you either aren't a member there or didn't upload any of their torrents. Unfortunately, it looks like you already have two strikes against you (but don't listen to me, I'm a pessimist).
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by auschris View Post
    I'm guessing they have a bot or something that scours other torrent sites looking for uploads or something?
    If by bot you mean people... maybe.

Good luck when you talk to the admin. You could ask him which site you've supposedly "stolen" torrents for, then ask to cross-check IPs to prove you either aren't a member there or didn't upload any of their torrents. Unfortunately, it looks like you already have two strikes against you (but don't listen to me, I'm a pessimist).
    Fell asleep by the time I could speak with an admin...damn timezones. Will have to do it some time later this week as I need to set aside a decent amount of time.

Thanks for the advice mate. Will definitely ask them to do an IP check.

You could ask him which site you've supposedly "stolen" torrents for
    I did ask him that, he stated I knew exactly which site. Guy is just trying to do his job, and it's not like he kicked me or didn't hear me out.

It's such a good website and I recommend it strongly to anyone who's into documentaries. By reading peoples experiences there's been a few rude admins in the past, but I've spoken with admins there before and they were always really friendly and helpful. Fingers crossed The people who have the problems always complain the loudest whereas the thousands of happy users don't bother to post their experiences obviously.

I'll update when I have word on the outcome.
    Last edited by auschris; 09-18-2011 at 02:12 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345