Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: any thebox staffers arround?

Quote Originally Posted by mancaleddog View Post
    Well, I have joined the ranks of thebox banned. I tried to find out why, but a "friendly" mod named takamura would only tell me I was cheating, not why or how, and then, when i was not fast enough to type my responses, he did a 3 -2- 1 and kicked me off the channel.

I know that I will nprobably not get back on the board, but i would like to know what i supposedly did.
    Do you have a seedbox? Is WM Recorder installed in your computer (I don't know how, but supposedly it can make you look like a cheater)? Did you upload any torrents? Has your client recently crashed while downloading?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    "Do you have a seedbox? Is WM Recorder installed in your computer (I don't know how, but supposedly it can make you look like a cheater)? Did you upload any torrents? Has your client recently crashed while downloading?[/QUOTE]

No seedbox, I do have WM rec, and have crashed a number of times (computer issues).

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by mancaleddog View Post
    No seedbox, I do have WM rec, and have crashed a number of times (computer issues).
    WM Recorder can do what I mentioned. Crashes can make it look like you're intentionally avoiding reporting your stats to the tracker.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Thanks for the info..unfortunately, I'm guessing thats not going to cut any ice with thebox mods, helpful as they are. LOL

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Before the first time I read this thread, I had never heard of thebox. Then I made an early judgment based on the antics I heard of its staffers. Now I'm pretty affirmed that most of the staff of this site are indeed retarded little bitches. Maybe the one staffer that had been posting in this thread isn't a tween, or is, but how about making your lives a little more pleasant and find a decent alternative to thebox (rather than trying to get back in).
    Actually, I have been more well-recieved than I expected when I talked to them on the IRC. I haven't yet gotten to talk to the person responsible for banning me, but there are a few staff out there who have at least given me good advice.

That said, if anyone knows of another good site for British TV, I would be very, very interested. Swedish TV is horrible, so pretty much all TV I watch is shows downloaded from TheBox.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreger View Post
    That said, if anyone knows of another good site for British TV, I would be very, very interested. Swedish TV is horrible, so pretty much all TV I watch is shows downloaded from TheBox.
    Try UKNova. They offer TV shows from the UK just like TheBox. Sadly, signups aren't open.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Hey

I'm in a situation where I've attempted to log in at thebox and have had the 'account disabled' thing come up. No idea for what reason

If possible could someone give me some advice? I'm a huge fan of the website...have several hundred GB uploaded and have put a lot of time into it. I spent a fair bit of money getting unlimited internet here in Australia for the very reason of contributing to this website.

I've done some searches and IRC sounded like the best way to go - however, after trying to connect to the server I get the following come up -
    Closing Link: auschris[xxx.xxx.xx.xxx.] (User has been banned from TBZchat (Blacklisted Proxy found. Visit http://rbl.efnetrbl.org/? for info.))
    I went to the above website for info, did a 'request removal' where it sent me an e-mail and link to go through. I passed and got removed from the list so now when I check my IP on the above site it says -

xxx.xxx.xx.xx was not found active in the database.
    Bans set on specific IRC servers are outside our control, so please contact the server/network staff directly for immediate ban removal.
    It still says the same thing when I try to login to thebox IRC server.

So as you can see I'm in a bit of a pickle...can't contact anybody, haven't got a reason for why my account was disabled, not a cheat and consider myself a user who contributes to the tracker/website.

I don't use a proxy and have never tried to cheat the system. I live in a house with multiple internet users but I asked them all and none have signed up for an account at thebox...so it can't be a multiple account issue. I've never even logged in from another IP.

Again - any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated. Watching quality documentaries is one of my favourite things to do when I have free time and thebox is the best place I've found for up to date and older torrents - all seeded.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by auschris; 08-08-2011 at 09:50 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Well they're running their own IRC server, so they are banning your IP specifically, whatever IP that was.

Does the supposed "proxy" IP match your outward IP? Either way, they seem to have specifically banned you from chat.

Good luck with those guys, I slightly recall them being committed morons
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Blacklists can be a bitch sometimes. My IP is on several anti-spam lists (insert joke here) even though I don't even use e-mail.

auschris: you haven't removed your address from the link in your first quote, I'd recommend you do it.

Regarding your issue, I'd advice going to an Internet cafe or someone else's house to see if you can join IRC from there. They won't ban you for that, and if it works, you can tell them about your whole situation, maybe linking them to your post here.

Good luck!
    Last edited by anon; 08-07-2011 at 06:03 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Well somehow I'm off the blacklist now.

Managed to get into IRC, talked to someone.

The reason I've been disabled is apparently I've been uploading thebox.bz torrents elsewhere, without giving credit to the original uploader/capper.

One small problem with that...I am CERTAIN I have never uploaded a thebox.bz torrent elsewhere. I'm very aware of that rule and wouldn't be so stupid as to break it! Apparently I've uploaded SEVERAL torrents elsewhere.

The guy I talked to said my account wouldn't be enabled, and kept implying that I was being devious and knew exactly what I had done and where. However, I can talk to a proper admin in about 6 hours.

Ok, now I really need some help. How could this have happened? I realize each torrent file you download at a private site has your personal 'passkey' encoded with it, at least I'm pretty sure of this. I'm guessing they have a bot or something that scours other torrent sites looking for uploads or something? It doesn't make sense, no one would have bothered coming on my personal PC to steal the torrent files with my passkey just to upload a few documentaries at a different torrent site.

Pretty sure I'm screwed, and it's infuriating considering I didn't even commit the alleged breakage of rule. I'm going to try and be as patient and nice about it as I can...SO many hours invested in this tracker

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast