Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which tracker forum has the most "regular" posters ?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    SCC, but that's just because most of the ScT "community" moved there, and I still enjoy dicking around with them on the forums.

Although if you count FST as a BT-related forum, and if your question wasn't limited to forums with trackers attached, then I have the most posts here.
    I think "dicking around" with people whose company you enjoy is the best reason to be active anywhere .
    And no I don't count FST as a bt-related forum .
    Btw Cinemaggedon ain't bad as forums go ( people post out of interest not trying to prove or gain something) if you overlook the fact that some of the people are truly disturbing .
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    SCC, but that's just because most of the ScT "community" moved there, and I still enjoy dicking around with them on the forums.
    I think "dicking around" with people whose company you enjoy is the best reason to be active anywhere .
    Miscommunication on my part. I intended to say that SCC is most definitely not what you're looking for, and that the sole reason for my high activity there is because I enjoy their forums, however unfitting they are to the picture you painted at the start of this thread. Not that there should be any ideal or anything, but given the query at hand, SCC definitely does not match the criteria.

By the way, being that you and I are non-believers on the concept of the off-topic, why do you always leave a space before your periods?
    Ellipses go here.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    TorrentBytes is still quite active (under the "new" name). They have a number of people who can write and think intelligently. They also do not allow discussion of invites, and do not have an invite system themselves. That takes a lot of the stupidity out of the forums in itself. The staff is also very solid- actually, many of the frequent posters are staff, but don't abuse their power- typically, only people who cross a few reasonable barriers are thrown out.
    Torrentbytes can't be compared to the original Torrentbits. I was actually a member on Torrentbytes at the beginning, right after Torrentbits closed for good. At least back then, things were already quite different.

Can't comment on the current situation though since I haven't been member there for years. They lost the user database once or twice back then, losing all stats. I didn't bother using the account after that.
    I used to be staff on the original back in the day... Have the same notion as you. Lost interest in the site after the first couple of times of having everything being reset. They should keep backups.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

By the way, being that you and I are non-believers on the concept of the off-topic, why do you always leave a space before your periods?
    Learnt that at Eton .

Actually I wasn't aware that I did. Now I'm gonna be all paranoid.

Btw I'm not "looking" for anything .Like I said I was merely curious even though I thought I could more or less guess the answers - HDbites ,What probably E if any member slums enough to post on this thread , niche sites.

Anyway I don't except everyone or anyone to post on a tracker because obviously that is not why most people are there but you have to admit it's passing strange that out of the thousands or even tens of thousands of members that some sites have so few show the slightest interest .
    Especially considering seems like nowadays people do little aught but post online in one way or another.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-07-2011 at 02:15 AM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwner101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post

Torrentbytes can't be compared to the original Torrentbits. I was actually a member on Torrentbytes at the beginning, right after Torrentbits closed for good. At least back then, things were already quite different.

Can't comment on the current situation though since I haven't been member there for years. They lost the user database once or twice back then, losing all stats. I didn't bother using the account after that.
    I used to be staff on the original back in the day... Have the same notion as you. Lost interest in the site after the first couple of times of having everything being reset. They should keep backups.
    The site has now been up and running for 6 years. Judging them for things that (if I understand both of your posts) happened in the first couple years, is quite a bit unfair. I don't really give a squirt about my stats, but I do not remember that sort of thing even happening. It certainly has not been a recent issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    we have

50 members with 1000+ posts
    420 members with 100+ posts
    720 with 50+
    2460 10+
    9360 1+

300 ish new topics a month
    2,900 ish posts per month

not a clue if that is good or crap compared to other trackers though lol

and we dont have any rate the girl next door crap threads, so 99% of those will hopefully be semi serious questions/answers and discussion. we do have a shoutbox on the forums now which a lot of members ask their question in now. (before the shoutbox we used to get 1000 topics per month, 10,000-20,000 posts per month)
    Last edited by stoi; 04-07-2011 at 06:21 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    YoYoY's Avatar Am Livin' It BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    we have

50 members with 1000+ posts
    420 members with 100+ posts
    720 with 50+
    2460 10+
    9360 1+

300 ish new topics a month
    2,900 ish posts per month

not a clue if that is good or crap compared to other trackers though lol

and we dont have any rate the girl next door crap threads, so 99% of those will hopefully be semi serious questions/answers and discussion. we do have a shoutbox on the forums now which a lot of members ask their question in now. (before the shoutbox we used to get 1000 topics per month, 10,000-20,000 posts per month)
    Aaah,....I just wanted to say congratulations on your 4000 post. Keep posting .

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Easily What, but it's due mostly to its huge memberbase. It'd be more interesting to know which site has the greatest percentage of "community participants" overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    E. Their forum magically keeps smart and opinionated people around and lacks most of (if not all) useless word listings you'd see on virtually any other site. It is not too active, but assuming small userbase it's ok.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    not really about E

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast