View Poll Results: Do you think k-lite can stand the "pressure" being put on it as eMule gets bigger and bigg

Voters
246. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely, k-lite has, and always will be the ruling P2P programme

123 50.00%
  • Not sure... eMule IS getting bigger... who knows?!

66 26.83%
  • Nope... k-lite is being defeated... eMule is rising... long live the Mule

57 23.17%
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: K-lite Defeated By Emule

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    wait a minute, then whats that clients.met file in my eMule's config folder that keeps getting bigger as i upload more??
    im a little thick about eMule, but i guess im a little know it all with k-lite (although im sure theres a numerouse ammount of things i dont know about k-lite)

tralalala

2. File Sharing   -   #72
    clients.met: stores the credits for other users that have uploaded data to you
    In other words, when you download off users, they are stored into this file which will identify the amount of credit they will have next time they connect to you not the credits you have with them. So the more you download, the bigger the file is gonna get.

Phew, i think thats 4 times ive said this.

3. File Sharing   -   #73
    @thisiswhoweare - thanks, but i don't like emuleplus much

unlike other mods, it's not based on the latest official and i don't really like that.
    besides, it's called "the eye candy of mods", in functionality i believe there are better ones, but that's just me - every person has his fav mod B)

and they have pawcio and lovelace credits , you could check out the differences in the board, i just use the default one, right now it's pawcio cos im using his mod - pretty apathic about it

4. File Sharing   -   #74
    Originally posted by venom_il@25 November 2003 - 02:17
    @thisiswhoweare - thanks, but i don't like emuleplus much

unlike other mods, it's not based on the latest official and i don't really like that.
    besides, it's called "the eye candy of mods", in functionality i believe there are better ones, but that's just me - every person has his fav mod B)

and they have pawcio and lovelace credits , you could check out the differences in the board, i just use the default one, right now it's pawcio cos im using his mod - pretty apathic about it
    thanks? what for lol???

5. File Sharing   -   #75
    lol... ive FINALLY understood...

thanks thiswhoweare... sorry for driving you nuts!!

tralalala

6. File Sharing   -   #76
    lol are you sure? I can repeat myself another 8 more times before i snap

jk

just stick to fair clients, leecher mods/unfair clients are more than likely to be banned, greatly reducing who you can download from anyway.

Oh and if your not aware, e+, and emule official have a feature which purges the clients.met file. So anyone you havent downloaded from for 5 months or so is cleaned out of the file. Helps keep the filesize down and keeps people uploading
    Not sure if its in other mods though.

7. File Sharing   -   #77
    lol, its cool, i got the idea now

thanks again, and i wont make you snap, i aint that thick.... lol

tralalala

8. File Sharing   -   #78
    maybe you aint that thick, but im nearly there to being one fry short of a happy meal

anymore questions regarding mule, ask

9. File Sharing   -   #79
    thanks mate!!

actually, there is something: when i copied the ed2k link and pasted it in the israeli eMule sharing site, it wasnt a URL... why is this?!

tralalala

10. File Sharing   -   #80
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    emule is the worst p2p Ive ever used takes about a week to start your downloads then goes at 1.2 k constant then stops at 99% finished

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast