Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Is there any way to recover Black-cats account?

LittleRed

Surprised/Amazed

Hi everyone my account has been disabled for inactivity. I'm so gutted. How do I connect to their IRC channel? Thank you for your help.

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
    How do I connect to their IRC channel?
    Copy & paste from me on another thread (modified to suit BCG).

----------
    Quick and dirty IRC guide:
    • download mIRC from here.
    • run it, you'll get a popup about registering it, etc. Hit Continue.
    • you'll get a dialog asking you for some details. Enter your name, e-mail address, your BCG username under nick. Press OK.
    • you'll see an empty chat window with a text field at the bottom. Type /server irc.blackcats-games.net and press Enter. Wait for it to connect.
    • type /join #help and press Enter. You should be on the help channel. You can talk there.

Some etiquette: state your problem once you join, be patient, and don't privately message any staff members.
    ----------
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Accounts gets purged on BCG and there is no way to recover them once deleted gone forever

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    Quote Originally Posted by absent_today View Post
    Accounts gets purged on BCG and there is no way to recover them once deleted gone forever
    You know, some people might not agree with me on this (the ones who lost their accounts certainly won't), but I think that in a way, it's good that BCG staff are actually deleting accounts. An trend in many sites that I frankly dislike is mining as much information about their users, and storing it forever. Google and Facebook may use it to build profiles and serve profiled advertising, but in the case of BitTorrent trackers it's different. If the most popular ones ever get raided (and let's hope it never happens - I certainly don't wish it to any one), the feds have a thorough database of every user ever registered, along with his IPs, e-mail(s), list of snatches, data transferred on each and who knows what else.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandoc1 View Post
    Where can I sign up again?
    I'm had an Blackcats account since 2007, and I'm deeply sad that they removed my account without warning me what I've done wrong.
    I always seeded my torrents for as long as could.
    For signing up a new account, just type referal in the search bar without clicking submit.

http://www.blackcats-games.net/index.php
    Last edited by dion09529; 07-29-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: BCG fake page link posted.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567