Thread: Let the Lawsuits Begin - Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Sony Over PSN Hack

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    [center]

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Sony looks rather nice in her prom dress...

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    Poster
    Sony, getting hammer. that what you get when u mess with hackers.
    I feel no sympathy for them.

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    Poster
    they sued geohot...what goes around comes around.

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    SONY - you sell us machines then demand that we allow you to Boss and control what we do with
    them - serves you right !!!!! I hope you learn more than a 50 Billion Dollar lesson .

I hope no user who's privacy and security was violated suffers Identity Theft ; because the consequences of that can be many years of difficulties.

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I don't think Sony will ever recover from this, along side the earthquakes in Japan that destroyed mot of their infastructure.

7. vBCms Comments   -   #7
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Have to admit, if only for a fraction of a moment, I wish I owned a PS3 so I could get in on this lawsuit. But then rationality sets in and I'm so glad I'm not a Sony customer having personal information stolen. XBL has some of my financial details, so I'm glad MS isn't trancing around trying to piss people off.

8. vBCms Comments   -   #8
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    This does set a new precedent for consumer awareness- be careful who you support, or you could find your info being hacked.

Sony DID deliberately spit in the face of consumers, then chose to bring attention to itself by bullying a hacker. They thought they were invincible. Turns out, they were just arrogant and became a prime target both in terms of David and GOLIATH, and a HUGE financial golden goose.

This is obviously no longer just a bunch of kids playing around, and is in the hands of some VERY skilled players.