Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you smarter than a 10th grader?

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    So far you have accused this teenager of having some kind of political agenda and being "lippy", I take it you know her personally, but what if her agenda was a love of historically correct knowledge and a desire to have reality be the basis upon which we make our cases? What if her agenda was to hold the feet of those running her future inheritance, this country, to the fire?
    What 16 year old are you talking about?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Michelle Bachmann has but two discernible talents- she is quite adept at fundraising and she's unshakably convinced that stupidity is not an impediment to a career in politics.
    That Bachmann's bullshit has been called out by a high school student (bonus point, it's a female high school student!) is cause for slight hope.

Of course, if Bachmann and the conservative right have their way, future students will not be smart enough to recognize the endlessly spouted inaccuracies.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    惡魔的提倡者
    Speaking about constitutional "experts" running for president. Looks like Bachmann has a challenger for the title.

When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

Now all I hear is " I won't do anything unless there's something in it for me"

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Speaking about constitutional "experts" running for president. Looks like Bachmann has a challenger for the title.
    Not only is he reading from the wrong document, the purpose of that document was to form a new government, thus is a predecessor to writing a new constitution. Even further, his quote focuses not on understanding and enforcing, but on making changes, which is contradicting himself all within a minute's timespan. His rant is a logical mess. I can see why Godfather's is king of gas station pizzerias...

I heard Herman Cain's constitution really rails against George III. At least he didn't accidentally use the Articles of Confederation, then it would have been really confusing figuring out what office he was running for.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas.
    I've a proposal for one. All I need is a car, a long enough hose, and one Michelle Bachmann.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I've a proposal for one. All I need is a car, a long enough hose, and one Michelle Bachmann.
    Please Snee, you're making it look like it was a direct quote from me, and that sullies my chemistry background. So this is my public notice, too much dihydrogen monoxide can kill you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12