Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 327279808182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: what games are you playing right now?

Civ 6 and Smash Bros.

2. Games   -   #812
    Rage 2

3. Games   -   #813
    diep.io game, slitherio apknite, clash royale

4. Games   -   #814
    Well I have to mention Immortal Unchained since *everyone* seemed to sh-t on that title, yet I found it to be a brilliant souls-like effort. True it begins in a confusing a bad way, misleading casual gamers- and a little later it takes a 'no compromise' attitude to tough shooter gameplay (which I loved).

Pro reviewers tried to kill 'the surge' with similar hateful reviews - but actual gamers took to that souls-like title, and the almost here sequel is well anticipated. Given how much I loved Immortal Unchained, the level of spite the game devs took quite depressed me. Crappy coded games may well deserve scorn, but Immortal Unchained was well coded with great art assets.

Also reinstalled fallout 3, and with a little modding just can't believe how good it looks (tho with an ENB, on a good system, it runs like crap). A nasty reminder of how far Bethesda fell between the astonishing Fallout 3, and the very uninspired fallout 4.

Also playing Age of Wonderlanetfall. Playing in Civ mode (me against all the AIs on a big continent style map). The coding is great, the art is great- the gameplay literally bores me to death. Can easily tab to browser while the mid game AI takes *forever* to make its moves. The real time combat mode looks and plays really cool. But the strategic aspect of the game is grindy, happens at a glacial pace, and bogs down with *everyone* (which includes a bunch of non-'player' AI NPC factions as well) going to pointless war with you.

Planetfall had a disasterous reception- which honestly once you play it you can understand. A game that ain't fun can get everything else right, yet still be pointless. All the ways that Civ is great are missing, yet Planetfall is nothing but a poorly understood clone of Civ. I'll perhaps try once more with a different balance of AIs, but I seriously doubt there is any deep fun to be found- which is a big shame given the effort that went into the title.

5. Games   -   #815
    Nier: Automata
    fantastic game

6. Games   -   #816
    Sekiro

7. Games   -   #817
    Minecraft and Zelda

8. Games   -   #818
    Minecraft and Candy Crush.

9. Games   -   #819
    I'm playing Tomb Raider and Control. Both are bomb!

10. Games   -   #820
    Need for Speed

Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 327279808182838485 ... LastLast