Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump calls it quits

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    He is "hated"?

By whom?
    By Rupert Murdoch and the Koch brothers, for starters.
    Were they who devilsadvocate was referring to?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #62
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    No clue.
    How do you feel about Soros?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #63
    Way to pee on 9's hope there, Kev, Trump was his dream candidate.
    I'm guessing he moves to Santorum now.
    No. Ron Paul.

He doesn't stand a chance, either, but could you just imagine for a few seconds what it would be like it he did become president?
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

4. The Drawing Room   -   #64
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post

He is hated because of his political leanings. If it wasn't for them he would be a conservative hero of Reagan proportions.
    He is "hated"?

By whom?
    Glenn Beck and Michael Savage hate him.

If what they say about him is correct, the word treason comes to mind.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

5. The Drawing Room   -   #65
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post

Have you bothered to find out or is their word good enough for you?
    When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

Now all I hear is " I won't do anything unless there's something in it for me"

6. The Drawing Room   -   #66
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    If Glenn Beck liked me, I'd but a bullet in my abdomen, and let myself bleed out in a gutter.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #67
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    If Glenn Beck liked me, I'd but a bullet in my abdomen, and let myself bleed out in a gutter.
    And reduce the surplus population.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #68
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post

Have you bothered to find out or is their word good enough for you?
    As far as I can tell, from everything I have read about him so far, they're right about him. And that's from two people who hate each other. Michael Savage and Glenn Beck don't get along with each other at all.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #69
    惡魔的提倡者
    As far as I can tell, from everything I have read about him so far, they're right about him. And that's from two people who hate each other. Michael Savage and Glenn Beck don't get along with each other at all.
    What have you read? Were they credible fact orientated sources or the usual kind we see you quote here? Remember there is a difference between accusation and guilt.

Next I'd love to read your explanation as to the significance of Beck and Savage not getting along giving factual weight to their opinions.

You've, by default, accused a man of treason, a capital crime. All you've offered as evidence is hearsay,without actually saying what was said, from two people of dubious mental stability who, publicly at least, appear divorced from reality.

I for one would like to know what you think he did that warrants this serious charge and what evidence you have as proof.

Make your case. Seeing as you are soon to be a student of higher learning I expect the accusation to actually fit the definition of the crime you have accused him of.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 06-13-2011 at 03:13 PM.
    When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

Now all I hear is " I won't do anything unless there's something in it for me"

10. The Drawing Room   -   #70
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Point is, american companies have grown a bit too huge and influential...
    You're referring to multinational corporations, they pledge allegiance to profit, not America.
    Fair point. America has made it easy for them to become what they are, though, by (in my opinion) slack regulations, and sometimes direct support in what I'd deem unfair business practices. For instance I read some bit about stuff on wikileaks about representatives of the US helping Lockheed, I think it was, in that norwegian airplane deal (F35 vs JAS, google it if you're curious), by screwing with supply lines for componentry for the competitor and perhaps applying a bit of pressure elsewhere as well.

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Point is, american companies have grown a bit too huge and influential...
    You're referring to multinational corporations, they pledge allegiance to profit, not America.
    Yeah, that ^.

Snee:

How do you feel about George Soros?
    Not (been interested enough to) read much about him. Seems like he likes to meddle, has made money off the misfortunes of others, but has given a fair bit back. Bad guy or good guy I'm not quite sure. I don't think he'd really given away his fortune to get rid of Bush, but it sounded good.
    Last edited by Snee; 06-13-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast