Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supernova?

Thats my opinion as well

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@11 November 2003 - 05:15
    well, by the time u understand that klite can block ips, people will have learned that u can import ips to ur firewall. this makes the bittorrent dling experience and the klite experience equaly safe. cuz in klite, they can see the files ur sharing, if ur dumb. but in bittorrent, unless ur seeding everything u have on ur comp, which is a lot, they they can't find wat your sharing. i'm not saying you should not seed, but if they find u dling a file, they can only go through that port in ur internet to see wat u have. klite shows everything to everyone who searches. but of course, taht is if they can break through ur firewall.

so don't worry, if u got firewall with ips, and peerguardian, it's just as safe as klite, maybe even more
    i agree to an extent, however i think that it is more likely that BT would be a target for the interested agencies.

if i were them, i would try to go for IRC (not very easy) and then BT (prob through high profile sites such as suprnova), cos these places distribute the files, which then make it to FT.

i would guess this because if someone releases onto Kazaa, then very few people would get it, so they release in IRC, so it spreads quicker (cos more people find them) then it goes through BT to a few dozen people, before getting popular enough in order for there to be many sources on Kazaa/Emule etc.

basically, if you can get at the sharers on BT then you can get close to the "root" sharers and releasers.

so there are 2 cases:
    Kazaa-many files shared, get caught and your screwed
    BT-theyll only know about 1 file, but more likely to find that 1 file

IMHO it balances in the end.
    <insert signature here>

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    well i know someone who was caught for downloading prodigy cds off of BT

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    what is supernova?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    suprnova.org is a website which contains links to many torrent files, necesary for downloading through BitTorrent.

and yes, people will be caught using BT, similarly they will be caught using Kazaa/Emule/SS(eventually, maybe not just yet)

its a fact of life. the only thing to do is to have a good firewall running.. i reccomend Zone Alarm or Peer Guardian
    <insert signature here>

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@11 November 2003 - 23:38
    suprnova.org is a website which contains links to many torrent files, necesary for downloading through BitTorrent.

and yes, people will be caught using BT, similarly they will be caught using Kazaa/Emule/SS(eventually, maybe not just yet)

its a fact of life. the only thing to do is to have a good firewall running.. i reccomend Zone Alarm or Peer Guardian
    thanks so much for the info and tip&#33;

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    fuckin hell paranoid ppl aroun dhere msot pl use kazaa and think its more safe then BT bullshit its not the RIAA thats even going after BT users its kazfakesta useres their after.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster
    supernova is safe because RIAA dosnt give a shit about it, they r going after kazaa because so many people use it, number of people who use bittoret dosnt even come close to the people using kazaa.

proud to be american

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    thats why that guy got a letter from the riaa even though he wasnt using kazaa.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    There after whatever P2p they find just put it like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12