Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: F*n

Idol: surely you meant 1.5Mb/s? Because otherwise, one meg and a half of upload is actually very nice... well, a bit less so if you have a traffic cap.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Idol: surely you meant 1.5Mb/s? Because otherwise, one meg and a half of upload is actually very nice... well, a bit less so if you have a traffic cap.
    Must be 1.5 Mbps, national upload is typically lower than even the states
    It bugs me when the capitalization of units are misused, especially when mL is written as ml or Ml!

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Molarities. mm, mM, Mm - I have seen them all.
    Ellipses go here.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Molarities. mm, mM, Mm - I have seen them all.
    translation: not distinguishing between millimeter, millimolar, megameter means improper review of results
    I take 10 % off the grade for improper unit labeling, but it doesn't make me feel any better :rage:

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Patryk24 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    reasonably explain to me (preferable here in open forum) why FTN is your "dream"
    Well, I guess everybody,as a child, wanted to beacome a fireman, football player etc. For sure FTN isn't my childhood dream because it's no more than 3 years old. But as soon as I started my journey with private trackers FTN has attracted my attention. Not because of the so called tracker ranking, I've never been intrested in joining higher ranked site like U*-T for instance but mainly due to a fact that it got sth in it - starting from the awesome pre times and pack and ending at the layout,name and handpicked members. That's why I'd really like to become a member of FTN. What can I offer is active membership (site,forum,IRC), and from time to time donations.

I hope now You would consider my request
    I hope he doesn't!

You explained that you are on IRC for 24/7 and have been torrenting for many years ... this indicates you are seriously flawed when it comes to interpersonal contacts with your fellow-members, or you would have had an invite long ago.

Moreover I believe people that claim they are on a journey with private trackers shouldn't be allowed in FTN! You got interested in FTN, but not for it's rarity? For the pré-times hein ... but what about the Gazillion trackers out there that are far easier to enter that have similar pré-times and that have a layout that is far prettier/handier than FTN's?

BTW Seedbox is just a little advantage, nothing more. I think that having slower connection than 10/10 MB/s it's a little bit of a shame for a FTN member
    Phucking snob
    Last edited by Disme; 06-27-2011 at 08:07 AM.
    Can you feel the LOVE

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2

BTW Seedbox is just a little advantage, nothing more. I think that having slower connection than 10/10 MB/s it's a little bit of a shame for a FTN member .

I hope now You would consider my request
    Bit of a shame, why? One of the purposes of having a ratio-free site is so people that don't have the best connections are able to enjoy the site.
    I've been a member there for almost 3 years & I'm on a dsl connection...So you're saying I shouldn't be a member? I seed everything I take for weeks & donate when I can. Having a fat pipe isn't the only way to help out a torrent site.
    Last edited by teflon05; 06-27-2011 at 08:38 AM.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Never underestimate the power of an image search...

I wonder what those taste like.
    You've never had candy corn? They're pretty good. They have a wax like feel to touch, and they're full of sugar and terrible for your teeth. But besides that they're pretty good.

Anyways, OP, join the easier to get into PTM. It's a better FTN, just not as 'elite' which is the only reason you want to join(and don't try to deny, it's not a big deal, it's the only reason why anyone has joined there).

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    The real reason for my error is that I strangely don't care enough to know the difference.

Anyway to anyone who cares though I can't see why anyone would possibly here is my speed test and my internet service package.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1359793737.png

http://www.cogeco.ca/web/on/en/resid...rd_package.php
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    Patryk24's Avatar "Why so serious?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    FTN or your childhood? Because FTN has been around since '06.
    My childhood .
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    Bit of a shame, why? One of the purposes of having a ratio-free site is so people that don't have the best connections are able to enjoy the site. I've been a member there for almost 3 years & I'm on a dsl connection...So you're saying I shouldn't be a member? I seed everything I take for weeks & donate when I can. Having a fat pipe isn't the only way to help out a torrent site.

As I said having a good connection is just a little advantage, nothing more so no I'm not saying that you shouldn't be a member. The fact that a FTN is a ratio free tracker it's another advantage for it's users but I don't really think that there is anybody who got really poor connection.
    BTW I also got a DSL connection at home so ratio free feature it's also advantegous for me .
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    You explained that you are on IRC for 24/7 and have been torrenting for many years ... this indicates you are seriously flawed when it comes to interpersonal contacts with your fellow-members, or you would have had an invite long ago. Moreover I believe people that claim they are on a journey with private trackers shouldn't be allowed in FTN! You got interested in FTN, but not for it's rarity? For the pré-times hein ... but what about the Gazillion trackers out there that are far easier to enter that have similar pré-times and that have a layout that is far prettier/handier than FTN's?

Well, let me start by saying that none of my friends got an account on FTN otherwise, as you said, I would have been a member long time ago.
    As I mentioned before I'm particularly intrested only in FTN although I know that there are better speed/content sites and also higher ranked ones. Of course rarity also plays it's role but it's not the main factor (look at my previous post).

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    Poster
    My childhood .
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    Bit of a shame, why? One of the purposes of having a ratio-free site is so people that don't have the best connections are able to enjoy the site. I've been a member there for almost 3 years & I'm on a dsl connection...So you're saying I shouldn't be a member? I seed everything I take for weeks & donate when I can. Having a fat pipe isn't the only way to help out a torrent site.

As I said having a good connection is just a little advantage, nothing more so no I'm not saying that you shouldn't be a member. The fact that a FTN is a ratio free tracker it's another advantage for it's users but I don't really think that there is anybody who got really poor connection.
    BTW I also got a DSL connection at home so ratio free feature it's also advantegous for me .
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    You explained that you are on IRC for 24/7 and have been torrenting for many years ... this indicates you are seriously flawed when it comes to interpersonal contacts with your fellow-members, or you would have had an invite long ago. Moreover I believe people that claim they are on a journey with private trackers shouldn't be allowed in FTN! You got interested in FTN, but not for it's rarity? For the pré-times hein ... but what about the Gazillion trackers out there that are far easier to enter that have similar pré-times and that have a layout that is far prettier/handier than FTN's?

Well, let me start by saying that none of my friends got an account on FTN otherwise, as you said, I would have been a member long time ago.
    As I mentioned before I'm particularly intrested only in FTN although I know that there are better speed/content sites and also higher ranked ones. Of course rarity also plays it's role but it's not the main factor (look at my previous post).
    Nah, it's the main factor.

For a "dream," you sure aren't working hard enough 3 years? Find a different, more tangible dream, that you can actually achieve and maybe think about bragging to your friends in your life. I think that is a better time invested.

And I sometimes think if you actually just say honestly that you want to join a site for its rarity of invites and prestige, you might be able to stand out and have a better chance because you aren't bullshitting like every other request.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast