Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bit Torrent

muchspl2
    B)

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster
    When ppl say kb/s or kbps it means kilo bit per sec as opposed to KB/s(kilo byte per sec), right?
    so when u say 80 kb/s thats just 10 KB/s?
    (just making sure)

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by Esal@12 November 2003 - 03:06
    I use bit torrent to download almost everything, along with suprnova.org and the other great torrent sites. But pretty much everything I download, usualyl doesnt go over 40kb/sec, which is actually pretty fast compared to other p2p programs. i usually upload between 30-60, and usually uploaded twice as much than ive downloaded. Anyone get anything faster than this? Im on cable, pretty good cable too. I usually download thigns from websites at some times 300kb/sec, but cant seem to get highter than 40 with bit torrent.

And also, ive seen modified versions of bit torrent online, are these any good? anyone use them? and recommendations?
    You seem to be getting the same speeds as me. Bittorent depends on how many people that have more of the file than you are sharing...seeds of course being the best. According to an average of 3 bandwidth tests that I just took, I'm still above a T1 line, so that's excellent speed. While downloading from a few websites that I frequent, I've learned their caps on each. EX: animemusicvideos.org has a cap of 250 kb/sec. and a cap of 2 downloads per user at a time. Sad that I know that.

Lots of people use Shadow's version of bittorent. I've tried it. It's cool. Personally, I like the creator's latest version 3.3 the best. I've been using it for quite a while now, and haven't found a bug yet. It shows how much you've uploaded/downloaded...really good for seeders and sharers. It doesn't have a pause button like Shadow's version tho.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    muchspl2
    also can't change ports, it doesn't have a super seeder option, doesn't block people that put out bad data (BT ++)
    thats just off the top of my head
    shad0ws > * client

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by alpha@12 November 2003 - 02:48
    When ppl say kb/s or kbps it means kilo bit per sec as opposed to KB/s(kilo byte per sec), right?
    so when u say 80 kb/s thats just 10 KB/s?
    (just making sure)
    Those speeds u see above the kbps those are kilobits per second and when I wrote 80kB/s that is kilobytes that is my speed type in 677.9 in a calculator and divide it by 8 and u will get........

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    O I love these kinda topics B)

Highest ever of course. Normally around 200 kB/s on well seeded torrents.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster

Hope that images works! Aint that shit!! What can I do? How can I get faster downloads? It really looks like my broadband connection is just wasted!!

EDIT - PS WHAT TYPE OF BITTORRENT ARE YOU USING NOUTOURIOUS??

EDIT AGAIN - Oh i see in the title bar lol!

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Well http://www.2wire.com/ = QUACK!!
    I got from 2,500.0 to 68,000.0 and everything inbetween...

May want to try http://www.pcpitstop.com/internet/default.asp
    Seem more accurate...

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    @Mat_at_Home: you should really let torrents run for a while and you'll probably see the speeds will pick up (if it's seeded well of course). If you still get slow speeds you should check if your router and firewall (if applicable) are correctly set up. There are several topics about that in this part of the board.

Btw: I don't use the old experimental anymore. Nowadays I use Torrentstorm
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by REALITY@12 November 2003 - 18:48
    Well http://www.2wire.com/ = QUACK!!
    I got from 2,500.0 to 68,000.0 and everything inbetween...

May want to try http://www.pcpitstop.com/internet/default.asp
    Seem more accurate...
    2wire is the most reliable, don't know why you have trouble, you also can't fake it like your test by going forward and back wards in ie
    of coarse you still have problems with shadows client also

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast