Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An old Steve Jobs hommage

For brotherdoobie : Painter + Photoshop with a wacom tablet (on a PowerMac 7300)

Cheers
    Last edited by Biecoblu; 10-12-2011 at 10:53 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Biecoblu View Post
    You may add that a mac doesn't have eyes, that the raimbow hearts couldn't float on air like that, and that a G3 doesn't suck his mouse like a thumb neither...
    A WIN/PC owner, aren't you ?
    Well, as someone who has actually met Jobs and been charmed by him, I think it does him a great disservice when people can't even get his hair color right, and simplify things by resorting to sarcasm, especially in a thread/painting dedicated to him.

Will it satiate your ego if I tell you that yes, I am a windows user? I have also used Linux and Macintosh computers (probably more than I like to admit on the latter) extensively.
    My product preference is mainly based on the quality of the product. Mac computers (and laptops alike) are simply not good products. Short of building your own computer, which brings down the total count of feasible major operating systems to 2, or buying a thinkpad, the options currently out on the market are god awful, so I'm not just shrugging off Apple. It's an industry-wide failure to produce proper machines.
    A mac can look very pretty when helping me parse my RSS, but get back to me when Macs can process powerhouses like Cognos BI, Portable Ubuntu, the recent BlueStacks, half the world's scientific I/O, or even a simple filesharing client that doesn't suck.

Ellipses go here.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Don't take our friendly banter for anything more than a reasonable argument between two acquaintances, though.

For what it's worth, I think you're a fantastic artist.
    Ellipses go here.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    Well, as someone who has actually met Jobs and been charmed by him, I think it does him a great disservice when people can't even get his hair color right
    SJ.png

5. Lounge   -   #15
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    - Reverend Rings.
    I say run with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Run. Run far away...
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Well, as someone who has actually met Jobs and been charmed by him, I think it does him a great disservice when people can't even get his hair color right, and simplify things by resorting to sarcasm, especially in a thread/painting dedicated to him.

Hair color wrong (slightly) does him "disservice"? Makes me tempted to give him a full-out Afro... with a Windows branded hair pick.

@OP: Nice original artwork, BTW.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

Hair color wrong (slightly) does him "disservice"?
    Finish the sentence, next time. I couldn't care less if everyone thought Jobs had black hair.
    I do care when an artist seems to lack attention to details (considering I've been in graphics design as a hobby for half a decade now), and when morons come along and attempt to ignore the fact that an hommage is usually ruined if you, I don't know, get the name of the person, the way he looks like, or his mannerisms wrong.

It would be like an artist drawing a picture of you in a place with 4 walls and a ceiling. What baboon would believe you can provide enough shelter for even yourself?
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 10-12-2011 at 07:17 PM.
    Ellipses go here.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Aby View Post
    Woe is me! You got the color of his shirt wrong!
    Ellipses go here.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    You know, I think we have all grasped your anal attention to detail by now Darth, to the point of shattering any residual value made in a kind attempt by the OP, but since you live on high where perfection is the order of the day, why not put your money where your mouth is (as a graphics design hobbyist) show us your idea of a homage (yes you illiterate peons only one m), or is your perfection limited to denegrating the work of others ?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast