Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An old Steve Jobs hommage

Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    You know, I think we have all grasped your anal attention to detail by now Darth, to the point of shattering any residual value made in a kind attempt by the OP, but since you live on high where perfection is the order of the day, why not put your money where your mouth is (as a graphics design hobbyist) show us your idea of a homage (yes you illiterate peons only one m), or is your perfection limited to denegrating the work of others ?
    Is my pointing out that the picture was a little inaccurate really that much of a big deal to everyone?

For the third time: The OP's drawing is magnificent enough to turn Jobs into a magnifico! It's seriously good. That doesn't change that the hair color is wrong. I pointed out a problem I saw, but unlike the OP, who laughed/shrugged it off, it seems other people are getting things stuck up where they shouldn't be.

For the record, I did make a Steve Jobs tribute. I won't be posting it. I'll just let your curiosity get the better of you.

Spoiler: Show
    Ellipses go here.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    Don't take our friendly banter for anything more than a reasonable argument between two acquaintances, though.

For what it's worth, I think you're a fantastic artist.
    Am I coming off as more serious than I intend to be or something?
    Because it seems to me that I've made more than a conscientious effort to be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aby View Post
    Woe is me! You got the color of his shirt wrong!
    I even mocked myself in the process...
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 10-13-2011 at 02:27 AM.
    Ellipses go here.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings
    Is my pointing out that the picture was a little inaccurate really that much of a big deal to everyone?

For the third time: The OP's drawing is magnificent enough to turn Jobs into a magnifico! It's seriously good. That doesn't change that the hair color is wrong.
    That you pointed out a slight discrepancy is fine, the fact that you REPEATED IT FOUR TIMES in the breadth of this thread is more than slightly pedantic, even for you. I commented after the third time because by that time with the large font bright red letters the original point of the thread had become crushed under your need to repeat that the fucking hair color was (slightly) wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings
    Am I coming off as more serious than I intend to be or something?
    Because it seems to me that I've made more than a conscientious effort to be nice.
    No that wasn't nice, you need to try again, this was an honest attempt by someone to share something creative, and repeating that the hair color is wrong four times isn't nice in any way, shape or form. Whether you were being serious or not, you still came off as a douche.
    Last edited by Artemis; 10-13-2011 at 05:39 AM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

4. Lounge   -   #24
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Hey guys, is that supposed to be Jobs in the artwork? The thing is, I don't remember him every having black hair.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    @ Darth Rings : Steve Jobs apart, do you know anyone on earth with blue shaded hair ? It just doesn't exist ! And it's not a missed detail, it'a a comic code convention, you'll see tons of comic book characters with that kind of shade !
    Here, an example :http://www.professeurdebbie.fr/wp-co.../superman1.gif
    Think different, please !

6. Lounge   -   #26
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Pwnt by a 5 post noob.

Hilarious.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    By the way, anybody else find the think different slogan to be utter nonsense marketing crap? Short slogans are so easy, a caveman could do it. We're already inundated with these from all the advertising that goes on, don't I deserve a break today from having them thrown at me in a forum post? If you want to rely on a slogan to make your point, are you really being all you can be, or are you wasting your mind? Because that'd be terrible. Anyways, feel free to ignore my rant, have it whichever way you like.

-jacky
    what would he do for a Klondike bar?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Biecoblu View Post
    @ Darth Rings : Steve Jobs apart, do you know anyone on earth with blue shaded hair ? It just doesn't exist ! And it's not a missed detail, it'a a comic code convention, you'll see tons of comic book characters with that kind of shade !
    Here, an example :http://www.professeurdebbie.fr/wp-co.../superman1.gif
    Think different, please !
    The comic convention also gives way to the fact that brown hair is to be shaded silver, but I haven't met anyone with silver hair yet, either.
    I get that it's a comic. In fact, it's a great piece of art. I truly love it. And I'm sorry if I came off more pressing than my usual self.

Got any other work to share, Bieco?

As for your think different pun - ha! Jacky addressed that rather well for the both of us.
    Ellipses go here.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    As for your think different pun - ha! Jacky addressed that rather well for the both of us.
    Yes indeed, you two would make a perfect duo. Macky could say something astute, and you could claim it for the "both" of you...

Honestly, it is a in improvement on the loose arrangement you have now- Macky says something interesting, then you eat your socks.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Yes indeed, you two would make a perfect duo. Macky could say something astute, and you could claim it for the "both" of you...

Honestly, it is a in improvement on the loose arrangement you have now- Macky says something interesting, then you eat your socks.
    Your hard-on for Paul Polman is showing.

Also, let me tell you a short story. I was once at a friend's house. I liked that friend very much. Then he got a cat. And I don't like Felis Catus very much. Then the cat started nibbling my socks. And I hated her even more. At first I made a joke about how the cat enjoyed the taste of Calvin Kleins, and was therefore more pretentious and conceited than the owner gave her credit for. But then that cat did it all the time, as if to spite at me. I eventually kicked the cat, and the owner had to throw me out of the house before I ruined his dinner any further by inducing an immune response and ruining the tenderness of the cat's flesh. Anyway, moral of the story is, given your fascination with the world of my socks and their fate is, I've arrived at the only logical conclusion, and I got there using the tried and tested method of hypothesis testing. You're clearly a gigantic pussy.
    Ellipses go here.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast