Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Exigo IRC support channel

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by TTS View Post
    you mad. fuck the rules and fuck the privacy. I do not care about that shit. i'm on the internet for having fun, not to be forced to follow shitty rules.
    Quoted just in case anyone is careless enough to invite you somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    you mad. fuck the rules and fuck the privacy. I do not care about that shit. i'm on the internet for having fun, not to be forced to follow shitty rules.
    So creating dupe accounts on BT Trackers and then 'leaking' irckeys that the vast majority of users couldn't give 2 shits about is your idea of fun??

You must be a right laugh-a-minute, life-and-soul-of-the-party kinda guy

Erm... you DO know what a party is right? (Or maybe you're just a complete bell end...)
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsy View Post
    So creating dupe accounts on BT Trackers and then 'leaking' irckeys that the vast majority of users couldn't give 2 shits about is your idea of fun??

You must be a right laugh-a-minute, life-and-soul-of-the-party kinda guy

Erm... you DO know what a party is right? (Or maybe you're just a complete bell end...)
    Option B gets my vote
    Last edited by Artemis; 11-15-2011 at 09:37 PM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Am I the only one amused by what TTS is doing? Face it, every tracker has its fucked up members. Most of them just hide, and most probably will take the privacy thing too seriously. He, on the other hand, openly admits what he is and isn't pretentious or conceited about it at all.
    Maybe I'm just unfamiliar with the site in question, but in my experience, of the sites I'm on, very few warrant the respect that's requested when privatizing the information is concerned (actually, only one site comes to mind). That doesn't even attend to the fact that the system he's screwing over, is in turn screwing over the OP.

Don't get the back end of this: What he's doing is definitely wrong from a rule-breaking perspective. He'll eventually be caught. And if it wasn't him, it would've been some other dullard or some well-meaning member on some other forum.
    Ellipses go here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    Am I the only one amused by what TTS is doing? Face it, every tracker has its fucked up members. Most of them just hide, and most probably will take the privacy thing too seriously. He, on the other hand, openly admits what he is and isn't pretentious or conceited about it at all.
    Maybe I'm just unfamiliar with the site in question, but in my experience, of the sites I'm on, very few warrant the respect that's requested when privatizing the information is concerned (actually, only one site comes to mind). That doesn't even attend to the fact that the system he's screwing over, is in turn screwing over the OP.

Don't get the back end of this: What he's doing is definitely wrong from a rule-breaking perspective. He'll eventually be caught. And if it wasn't him, it would've been some other dullard or some well-meaning member on some other forum.
    So this should just be welcomed, unchecked by the members of the community? How about if it was the "one" site of yours you find so "deserving"?

This sort of attitude is central to why there are so many fuckwits turning would-be-enjoyable sites into crap. A site is often only as good as its members.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    So this should just be welcomed, unchecked by the members of the community? How about if it was the "one" site of yours you find so "deserving"?

This sort of attitude is central to why there are so many fuckwits turning would-be-enjoyable sites into crap. A site is often only as good as its members.
    I didn't say that it was right or should go unchecked. I said the opposite. I just said it was amusing and refreshingly honest. I'd take one of TTS over ten of bijoy who cheats and denies it. That's all I was saying. Also I was talking about the inevitability of a privacy leak. At least this way we know who it is, why, and the possible damage that could have been done.

Oh and fuck that shit to your second statement. I love the protocol and what it provides as much as the next guy or as much as you. It's the staff that can't realize they're in a serving (not leading) position - and yes, they are. You don't staff a site for leetness without failing. You staff for the unconditional giving back and service you feel the community is owed. It's the members that don't realize that all they're entitled to is the data. Not even the access. All you want is the files, so bugger off if you can get it elsewhere and stop bugging certain sites. And it's the god-damned belief that people go around touting what we're doing as "right". You're stealing information from a hive of thieves. Get off your bloody high horse and acknowledge that scumbags will lash out when you invite them in. Bittorrent is ruined by all the preconceived notion garbage that members go around with. You want to enjoy bittorrent? Set your expectations straight. This isn't the ideal world that the uTorrent devs keep coding for.

"A site is only as good as its members." Hogwash.

EDIT: As for the "what if was the one site" statement: Make no mistake. I expect the site to be publicized eventually, to the utter dismay of its owner and community (it's not even a tracker, but an underground design forum - I think I've spoken about it before on FST, actually). But the reason I said it "deserved"/"earned" its privacy is simply because of its nature and reason for being. An IRC help channel deserves no privacy by virtue of its nature too. Actually, on the offense of the latter, it probably detracts members from looking for help by being locked down. Case in point: the OP.
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 11-16-2011 at 12:42 AM.
    Ellipses go here.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    An IRC help channel deserves no privacy by virtue of its nature too. Actually, on the offense of the latter, it probably detracts members from looking for help by being locked down. Case in point: the OP.
    I too have always found it odd, that a help feature like an irc help channel has to have an access key. Lockdown the main channel yes if you wish, that is where most of the talk is going to be anyway but locking the help channel ? Most users find irc difficult anyway, it is a protocol that is not that intuitive for new users, so to throw up an extra roadblock for users that need help is really kind of silly ? The main chan would only be for idling anyway until a staff member can help the member and then the conversation is handled in a private chat, so why the secrecy ?
    Last edited by Artemis; 11-16-2011 at 01:04 AM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I too have always found it odd, that a help feature like an irc help channel has to have an access key. Lockdown the main channel yes if you wish, that is where most of the talk is going to be anyway but locking the help channel ? Most users find irc difficult anyway, it is a protocol that is not that intuitive for new users, so to throw up an extra roadblock for users that need help is really kind of silly ? The main chan would only be for idling anyway until a staff member can help the member and then the conversation is handled in a private chat, so why the secrecy ?
    Precisely. I imagine with a site like Exigo and level whores it would also open the door to people asking for invites, but dealing with them is a z-line away, and the chances of helping a member increase dramatically.
    Ellipses go here.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatsgreat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Do I really come off as a jerk? I don't really concern myself with the rules of sites I'm not a member of, and I have a tendency to show my negative bias to those following trackers' rules on other sites.

I was the first to name their only channel, that should count for something
    Yeah, you kinda do. I guess that says a lot about you, that second sentence. And it didn't occur to you that maybe I hadn't yet received the information before posting my reply? Not implying I hadn't. Just saying.

What? No you weren't.
    :Sigh: it was a bit rhetorical since I'm aware of myself being a jerk, hence the follow up explanation...
    And on your second note, yes I not weren't

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    A site is often only as good as its members.
    You've seen a majority of the userbase here on FST, right? That means we are potentially posting on the worst site on the internet (to our apparent knowledge).

I personally feel it's the direction the admins and staff that set the tone and success for the site, and how cooperative they are with user desires (thus increasing likelihood of giving back). That of course still needs to be layered onto some point of its existence.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

EDIT: As for the "what if was the one site" statement: Make no mistake. I expect the site to be publicized eventually, to the utter dismay of its owner and community (it's not even a tracker, but an underground design forum - I think I've spoken about it before on FST, actually). But the reason I said it "deserved"/"earned" its privacy is simply because of its nature and reason for being.
    If it's reason is to be leetist cunts then it's succeeding admirably otherwise please elaborate on this "deserve/earned" bs talk.
    If it's because lives are at stake, fine. If it's because it's "an underground design forum" then la de fucking da.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast