Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dc++ Stealth

smellycat's Avatar Egalitarian BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by mooseman2070@11 December 2003 - 22:42
    dc++ is so strict if youre not german, or if you dont have 80gb of files ok?

do you know the horrors of having a 56k modem?? huh? DO YOU?!?!?!
    This is a myth.
    There are quite a few hubs with small share requirements, 10GB, 5GB.
    I've even seen minimum of 0.5 GB.
    The public hublist will show you the requirements.
    http://www.hublist.org/PublicHubList.config.bz2

I've never seen a german-only hub. Pehaps the occasional czech hub.
    But just about all other hubs use English or mixture eg. English/Swedish.

Modem, ahh yes I was in it about 2 - 3 ,months ago.

But the hub I'm usually on (5GB minimum share) has a couple of modem users.

dc++ has an unfair reputation for being elitest.
    The are a couple of elite hubs ( bandwidth / sharesize).
    But most hubs have just modest requirements.
    All my invites I give freely.

File sharing and invite sharing
    File trading and invite trading

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by mooseman2070@11 December 2003 - 21:42
    nanotek, if i had a bigger hdd and faster internet i wouldnt be doing this. dc++ is so strict if youre not german, or if you dont have 80gb of files ok?

yes i started with a modem for half of a year so i know what its like , but there are hubs where the minimum to share is 1 gb ! in the hub im at we even have 2 ppl who are on dial up modems so that cant be the prob .some may be hubs elitist where they for example only allow swedes with 10mb connections but this is made so so that it is easier to share /transfer files quicker to other ppl . most ppl using dc++ hate leechers and will report them to ops immediatly which i think is a good idea . dc++ is really all about sharing and spreading files best utilizing the bandwidth available -thats what the programmers intended it for so -try it sometime u will be suprised at the wealth of stuff that u find there
    Open your mind

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by mooseman2070@11 December 2003 - 21:42
    nanotek, if i had a bigger hdd and faster internet i wouldnt be doing this. dc++ is so strict if youre not german, or if you dont have 80gb of files ok?

This is just stupid. I wonder how many times I've heard ppl bitch about BW limiting as well. Funny thing with those ppl is that they usually have smth along the lines of 1Mbit download and 128Kbit upload.

Why, then, wouldn't I who used to have 512/512Kbit (have 10/10Mbit now) be allowed to limit my upload, I mean, the others already have it 'built in'. If they were so up in it, then the ppl who has the above mentioned kind of connection should only be allowed to download at the same speed of their upload (and funny thing is, it's usually that group who bitch about it, go figure). Not that I wanted to limit just because, but because my line used to die because ACK packages couldn't get sent when my upload was throttled to death.

If ppl wasn't interested in those kind of restrictions on hubs they frequent, the hubs wouldn't exist in the first place.

And you do seem to forget what P2P is all about, it's about SHARING, NOT leeching. So again, why do you HAVE to go to the hubs that has this kind of rules ? There are plenty of hubs that has no rules about speed or share size.

And before you go off on speed again, yes, I know, I have been using modems since the speed was at 300 baud which make the 56k seem like hyper speed

And just a Q, where would the community go if everyone used the stealth client ?

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    the good thing about elitist hubs is that looking at them reassures you that your 15gig is just modest and nobodys gonna bother arresting you

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by nanotek+12 December 2003 - 06:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nanotek @ 12 December 2003 - 06:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mooseman2070@11 December 2003 - 21:42

do you know the horrors of having a 56k modem?? huh? DO YOU?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;
    yes i started with a modem for half of a year so i know what its like , but there are hubs where the minimum to share is 1 gb &#33; in the hub im at we even have 2 ppl who are on dial up modems so that cant be the prob .some may be hubs elitist where they for example only allow swedes with 10mb connections but this is made so so that it is easier to share /transfer files quicker to other ppl . most ppl using dc++ hate leechers and will report them to ops immediatly which i think is a good idea . dc++ is really all about sharing and spreading files best utilizing the bandwidth available -thats what the programmers intended it for so -try it sometime u will be suprised at the wealth of stuff that u find there [/b][/quote]
    i can understand that some have shitty connection and can&#39;t upload much but why resort to not upload at all???
    they don&#39;t realize that 90 percent of broadband user aren&#39;t much faster then them or even at all...
    not everyone is rich and can afford something like T1 or T3...

I don&#39;t mind uploading but it pisses me off if something i really want and all I get is "file not available" then we have a problem.
    All those leechers need to be made aware to this... you upsetting too many people.
    slowly it will catch on and everyone will realize this and fakers can go to hell for all i care. Their reason to not upload say that they are a minority and is not a problem... "since their so much free bandwidth going around," but everyone is paying for it out of their pocket money... what a bunch moron.

These faker steal bandwidth from others who are sharing files, so they in turn are making people get shitty download or stay in queue much longer then expected.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    yes ban all leachers
    Open your mind

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    leechers are lamers, dont spread your trash from kazaa to dc++ because on dc++ you will get pwnt for it

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    Can you just copy a game folder into your share folder that takes up a couple gigs of space so it looks like your sharing alot?
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Of course you can, you will be banned for it tho.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by Tormentor@21 December 2003 - 23:38
    Can you just copy a game folder into your share folder that takes up a couple gigs of space so it looks like your sharing alot?
    u can share anything u like m8 but i&#39;m sure u will get banned the instant someone reports u or some op or bot does a check on your shared stuff
    Open your mind

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast