Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why The Hell Don't You People Know How To Spell?

•Balla•
    Why are you getting so mad?

If they are illiterate then let them be.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    no, people write just as poorly in the other forums too.

the internet in general leads to poor spelling and grammar because it gives little kids, high school dropouts, leet poseurs, and non-native speakers (of whatever language they're using) a chance to influence each other with their mistakes. i don't think a lot of them realize they're picking up bad habits from each other. imagine what kind of english you would write, if english were not your first language and you tried to learn it from little kids and backwood hillbillys on AOL. imagine what kind of english you would write, if you were 10 years old and you were learning from semi-literate teenagers and foreigners.

not to mention that public schools in most english-speaking countries are pretty pathetic nowadays.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Vamp go F*** your self
    I have Mordens Audio Hack PLEZ stop emailing me

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    Yourself is one word you imbecile.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Money Fist's Avatar Che-Che get the yayo
    tttttttttramp

you little bum bandit

6. Lounge   -   #16
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    I don't claim to be perfect when it comes to spellnig and garmmer, but I try my best to be sure that what I say makes sense and is spelt as correctly as possible.

But this forum is not just for English/American people, it's for people all over the world and alot of them don't speak English as their native tongue so to complain about everyone that mispell's words or use bad grammer is a little unfair in my opinion. That's not to say that there aren't some people here who just don't care about their spelling etc, as i'm sure some just type their messages as fast as they can and don't check for typo's and such. And also there's alot of people who i'm positive type in capital letter's deliberately because they know it's not allowed and does piss alot of other's off.

So I both agree and disagree with your post, there is alot of poor spelling etc some of which isn't needed, but at the same time some of it can't be helped so generally it's better to just make as much of it out as possible and try not to let it bother you :-)

Also, was your subject heading intended as a joke based on the content of your thread? "Why The Hell Don't You People Know How To Spell?, It's sickening!"? All but for 1 word begin's with a capital letter, which is poor structure ;-P

Sniper.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    Yeah I know... I like typing out headings with an uppercase letter in the beginning of each word... Just feels comfortable, to have my finger push that shift button

But, you're right, the lowercase letter on sickening is a typo.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

8. Lounge   -   #18
    i never use uppercase letters other than to emphasise a point, usually

i also don't use full stops at the end of my sentences, unless another sentence immediately follows that sentence, on the same line

however, i can spell

if you don't like how i post, i don't care
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Lounge   -   #19
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    @ 3rd gen noob - I don&#39;t really care how other&#39;s actually type, usually it&#39;s not to difficult to figure out what other&#39;s are on about depsite any typo&#39;s and such. But there are some people who post in combination&#39;s of upper and lower case letter&#39;s mixed with numbers and symbol&#39;s who&#39;s post&#39;s are nigh-on impossible to make out so I tend to skip past those as they do my head in when I try figuring out what it say&#39;s lol

@ Vamp - Uu, I ment wasn&#39;t all the capital letter&#39;s typo&#39;s? lol I was, jokingly and with no offence intended, being sarcastic ;-P

Sniper.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Originally posted by SniperInTheShadows@13 November 2003 - 19:55
    @ 3rd gen noob - I don&#39;t really care how other&#39;s actually type, usually it&#39;s not to difficult to figure out what other&#39;s are on about depsite any typo&#39;s and such
    sorry, i was talking more to vamp there...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast