Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is It Possible For A Woman To Be In Love-

Ella's Avatar Upside down
    I believe it is possible to be in love with two men at once...for example, I still love my ex husband and the father of my two kids (the same person, BTW&#33 and am also now in love with another man. But I don't know if I could carry on two relationships at the same time and profess to love each of them. Shit, one relationship is hard enough!
    Up Yours! Love from The Club....

2. Lounge   -   #12
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Lets define love first as opposed to "infatuated by", "sexually aroused by", "like very much", "has wet dreams about", "attracted to" etc etc.....

I dont believe men and women "love" in the same way, so i will let the female dudettes answer first. The females i have met that actually had brains, were too complex to fathom. So who knows how they think.

Peace
    UKMan

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Of course it's possible ...but if it comes down to a choice between the two.... ....the one with more money wins!...

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    If 2 or 20 men are having a good time, Money, health, success, friends, then some women will claim to love them all.

But only tilll they ruin the good time. It's the nature of the beast. They can't help themselves.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Originally posted by UKMan@14 November 2003 - 06:50
    Lets define love first as opposed to "infatuated by", "sexually aroused by", "like very much", "has wet dreams about", "attracted to" etc etc.....

I dont believe men and women "love" in the same way, so i will let the female dudettes answer first. The females i have met that actually had brains, were too complex to fathom. So who knows how they think.

Peace
    UKMan
    yeah i guess it should be defined what "love" is cuz there are diff types...
    There are diff types of love, here's what I think, other opinions welcome.
    the two main types are:

passionate love:the kind of puppy love that grabs you and doesn't let go until you give in. It is characterized by strong feelings of passion, sexual attraction, and infactuation for the other person. It is love, but undeveloped love. It may feel like true love, but it is actually the product of your brain chemistry and your hormones going haywire after meeting that special someone. The not-so-pleasant realities of what the other person is "really like" have not set in yet at this stage.

compassionate love:this is true love, between people who know each other well. It is more of an intellectual love, a fondness for the other person's habits, a willingness to cope with each other's differences, ect... This type of love is more genuine, and has stronger foundations than passionate love. It is more like a candle flame, whereas passionate love is more like a blow torch People who experience this type of love can spend lots of time together and not fight, because their personalities have adapted and grown together so much that they know each other almost as well as they know themselves. As a result, they fight less, they communicate effectively with each other, and they stay happier than couples experiencing passionate love.

how do u define it?

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Ella's Avatar Upside down
    I reckon you summed it up pretty neatly, MediaSlayer...although I only ever thought you were referring to the latter - the other is lust (that can be mistaken for love, but is quite different).
    Up Yours! Love from The Club....

7. Lounge   -   #17
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Very good MediaSlayer.

How would you define love between brothers/sisters - aunts/uncles etc. Can that type of love be compared to a couple?

If we talk about love between a couple as in nr:2 in your example, i can agree to that. So there must be different "chemical" reactions in the body, depending upon who you are in love with.

I love my children
    I love my cat
    I love my parents
    I love that food
    I love my job

All these are probably very much missused these days, but are types of love that exist.

Peace/Love
    UKMan

8. Lounge   -   #18
    loll

9. Lounge   -   #19
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    I think the answer is Yes.

And to spooger~ & DL. ----> You're wrong.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Dont we have more ladys here??
    Mostly us blokes replying

Peace
    UKMan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast