Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jail Time For Movie Swappers

Double Agent
    how about i live in Canada and you can come over here and kiss my canadian ass?

Americans have no juristictions here, keep ur own shit in ur own home!!

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@14 November 2003 - 07:14

Americans have no juristictions here, keep ur own shit in ur own home!!
    A Canadian DICKHEAD. Well I wont hold that against Canada.
    But if were going to get technical, and Im not saying it would ever happen but the article did say its a felony, ever heard of extradition.
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    He's right. Canada would hand you over on a silver platter. Canada's our bitch.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by imnotanaddict+14 November 2003 - 07:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (imnotanaddict @ 14 November 2003 - 07:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-james_bond_rulez@14 November 2003 - 07:14

Americans have no juristictions here, keep ur own shit in ur own home&#33;&#33;
    A Canadian DICKHEAD. Well I wont hold that against Canada.
    But if were going to get technical, and Im not saying it would ever happen but the article did say its a felony, ever heard of extradition. [/b][/quote]
    Extradition is only applicable if the crime is also illegal in the country your being extradited from.

In other words...the USA can go screw itself, Canada wont extradite for it

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Canada doesn&#39;t have copyright laws?

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by Supernatural@14 November 2003 - 17:50
    Canada doesn&#39;t have copyright laws?
    Im preety sure it does.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    but canada isn&#39;t affected by riaa and mpaa

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Canadians pay royalties on CDR&#39;s, thus sharing is legal in trade, should sum it up...

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by REALITY@14 November 2003 - 21:32
    Canadians pay royalties on CDR&#39;s, thus sharing is legal in trade, should sum it up...
    It&#39;s illegal to share pre-releases of movies even in Canada unless you have permission from the makers. Mind you, it&#39;s not a felony (or equivalent), but it is illegal.

You can think of them as having NOT entered &#39;public domain&#39; (where the general public can see them) yet.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Hey, im an American but I gotta say I think he&#39;s right...

For one thing, I don&#39;t think they&#39;d be able to extradite you legally if you live in Canada for that sort of thing. The kind of thing we&#39;re talking about isn&#39;t really even illegal in Canada (completely illegal,that is..) Besides, American law (especially such trivial law) has no jurisdiction over the borders...

Secondly, I don&#39;t think even if they could, I don&#39;t think they would. What a godamn waste of time that would be&#33;

If they started messin with those canadians, I&#39;d fuckin throw a riot. It&#39;s bad enough the RIAA and MPAA do what they do to us

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast