Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Error I Get On My Pc

Originally posted by Marius24@15 November 2003 - 02:04
    isnt system32.exe needed by windows and if thats deleted you can get serious errors (i think ) i would reinstall windows m8, it would be easier.  Or you could just leave ur pc on 24.7
    System32 is a folder in Windows, not a file. The file system32.exe doesn't exist.

@far
    Open up msconfig (go to 'Start' > 'Run' type msconfig and click OK).
    In the System.ini tab, expand [boot].
    Are there any system32.exe references?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    Johnny_B...None system32.exe references

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    bump

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    You could go to Start -> Run, and type in msconfig. Click the "startup" tab, and see if there's anything relating to it coming on at startup. If there is, uncheck it and reboot.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Try starting JV16 Power Tools. Select Registry tools then Starting Programs. Is there anything there you don't recognise?

It would be much easier if you would find the log file of your AV. What brand AV do you have that advised you of the virus in the first place? If you find the name of the virus, you can look up what registry entries you need to delete.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    BANNED
    Mate if you're still geting the pop up error.System32.exe is still in the reg.

Start>run>regedit>edit>find "system32.exe".

Then delete all the entries.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Originally posted by far@15 November 2003 - 01:50
    Have you tried searching the registry for any "system32.exe" entries?
    There have to be some left.
    I missed ur comment..But yes..I did that and nothing was found

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Poster
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@15 November 2003 - 18:56
    Try starting JV16 Power Tools. Select Registry tools then Starting Programs. Is there anything there you don't recognise?

It would be much easier if you would find the log file of your AV. What brand AV do you have that advised you of the virus in the first place? If you find the name of the virus, you can look up what registry entries you need to delete.
    I found these files under starting programs...They are marked with red "nvmediacenter" and nvcpldeamon and they filename starts with c:/windows.system32

But it tells me it is most likely not safe to remove those programs

ck-uk I did what u told me and I did find a system32.exe file and deleted it...But still I get the error when I start the pc..I also found a "system32" file but didnt remove it...Should I have done that??....when I do the same search now...the same folder doesnt come up...Now I dont remember in wich folder i Found the system32 file

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    The entries you found are your video drivers, and nvidia media player. Don't delete them.

What AV are you using? What AV are you using? What AV are you using? What AV are you using? What AV are you using? What AV are you using? There will be a log entry somewhere, if you find out what the virus/worm was called then you can find out where and what the registry entries are.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Poster
    I did a online scan ..I dont have any antivirus program on my pc curently

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast