Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Error I Get On My Pc

BANNED
    Mate i just googled this for you... it wasnt that hard to find either mate

Goto regedit again & find this folder

Hkey_local_Machine/software/microsoft/windows nt/current version/winlogon

Then on the right scroll down to "shell",under data it should read explorer.exe.

Right click shell,modify & delete everything after "explorer.exe.Which should be wins......system32.exe

If its still the same..

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Originally posted by LTJBukem+15 November 2003 - 00:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LTJBukem &#064; 15 November 2003 - 00:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-far@14 November 2003 - 22:20
    they were already removed..and I get the same problem again..It looks like the file was deleted or something...Is it possible if someone just sends me the file true msn and I just restore it into the folder??

thanx
    You&#39;re not understanding what is happening mate.

system32.exe is either a Trojan Horse or a virus, you do not want it on your system.

So far you have rightly deleted this file, but there are registry entries still linking to it at start up. You need to delete them too. What was the name your anti virus gave you when it detected this? You say it advised you to delete the system32.exe file, what else did it tell you? Look in the AV scanners log, you&#39;ll find it in the options somewhere.

Try jv16 power tools (free- Google it) to view your registry and delete any references to this file.

Also, do an online scan such as that linked to you by muchspl. I wouldn&#39;t format and reinstall windows; there&#39;s probably no need. [/b][/quote]

Edit:

Coment Removed by RF....... if you cant post constructively, then dont post

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Poster
    what was the point of being offensive? maybe edit your post?

Edit:

.hack quote removed by RF....see above.

thanks RF&#33;

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    BANNED
    Originally posted by .hack+15 November 2003 - 21:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (.hack &#064; 15 November 2003 - 21:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@15 November 2003 - 00:26
    <!--QuoteBegin-far
    @14 November 2003 - 22:20
    they were already removed..and I get the same problem again..It looks like the file was deleted or something...Is it possible if someone just sends me the file true msn and I just restore it into the folder??

thanx

You&#39;re not understanding what is happening mate.

system32.exe is either a Trojan Horse or a virus, you do not want it on your system.

So far you have rightly deleted this file, but there are registry entries still linking to it at start up. You need to delete them too. What was the name your anti virus gave you when it detected this? You say it advised you to delete the system32.exe file, what else did it tell you? Look in the AV scanners log, you&#39;ll find it in the options somewhere.

Try jv16 power tools (free- Google it) to view your registry and delete any references to this file.

Also, do an online scan such as that linked to you by muchspl. I wouldn&#39;t format and reinstall windows; there&#39;s probably no need.
    Edit:

Comment Removed by RF....... if you cant post constructively, then dont post [/b][/quote]
    It is a virus thou mate.

Type "system32.exe"in the search box.

http://search.symantec.com/custom/us/query.html

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Poster
    Originally posted by ck-uk@15 November 2003 - 21:10
    Mate i just googled this for you... it wasnt that hard to find either mate

Goto regedit again & find this folder

Hkey_local_Machine/software/microsoft/windows nt/current version/winlogon

Then on the right scroll down to "shell",under data it should read explorer.exe.

Right click shell,modify & delete everything after "explorer.exe.Which should be wins......system32.exe

If its still the same..
    Mate..I did everything u told me..I found the shell file and I modified it..Now...Do u want me to delete the shell file or some other files??

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Erm.... Did i miss something?

I&#39;m guessing he was saying something along the lines of .......... system32.exe is not a virus you ..........

Well .hack, i&#39;m sorry but you&#39;re wrong.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Poster
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@15 November 2003 - 22:22
    Erm.... Did i miss something?

I&#39;m guessing he was saying something along the lines of .......... system32.exe is not a virus you ..........

Well .hack, i&#39;m sorry but you&#39;re wrong.

well your right but it was rather more offensive

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Yeah, i kinda thought that it would have been.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Originally posted by far@15 November 2003 - 22:11
    Mate..I did everything u told me..I found the shell file and I modified it..Now...Do u want me to delete the shell file or some other files??
    I thought you said you searched the registry and didn&#39;t find anything with &#39;system32.exe&#39;?
    Didn&#39;t you use the search function in regedit (&#39;Edit&#39; > &#39;Find...&#39 and searched for &#39;system32.exe&#39;?

Anyway, it doesn&#39;t matter now.
    Just edit the registry entry that ck-uk pointed out, so that it only shows &#39;explorer.exe&#39;. Close regedit and reboot.
    The irritating popup should be gone now.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Poster
    I searched the registry in the jw power tools..and didnt find anything there....

U want me to delete the shell entry right??..I tried that now but didnt find a way to do it..Please explain how to do this?

thanx

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast