Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Online storage

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by victorjhon View Post
    You should take to help from Google.
    Sometimes it's useful to hear other people's opinions instead of just a plain list of options with practically no feedback other than what the companies advertise for themselves.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Glaucon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by victorjhon View Post
    You should take to help from Google.
    Sometimes it's useful to hear other people's opinions instead of just a plain list of options with practically no feedback other than what the companies advertise for themselves.
    + 1. The first thing I do is check Google but wanted fst opinion to
    Last edited by esco123; 01-07-2012 at 09:54 AM.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by esco123 View Post
    + 1. The first thing I do is check Google but wanted fst opinion to
    I think you forgot to add the extra 'o' in your edit.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Box.net is utter garbage. I advise people to stay away from them. Back when this cloud thing was a distant dream in 2004-2005 I signed up for the Box beta. I was running the IT department for our local church, and as such at any given time point had copious amounts of software licenses and legal documents to arrange. I decided to entrust the file to Box.net who at the time made the promise of access from anywhere and daily backups of their systems. 30 days and a crash later and $2000 worth of licenses and drafted up legal documents were lost. I thankfully used to store everything important on memory cards at that point, so I had a few days of downtime before sorting everything, but the real kick in the face was when I contacted Box.net. I was treated with the worst customer response I have read in years prior, was told that if legal prosecution was the path chosen by me that they'll see me in court, and that the files were my responsibility and keeping a backup of them was my job. Sure it was, but it was also their job to maintain their status quo.

TL;DR: Don't support Box.net if you actually want the advertised services. Only do so if you'll use it upload last night's drunk pictures.

I say wait for Google's foray into the market within - oh let's say 2 months according to a friendly source.
    Ellipses go here.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    Box.net is utter garbage. I advise people to stay away from them. Back when this cloud thing was a distant dream in 2004-2005 I signed up for the Box beta. I was running the IT department for our local church, and as such at any given time point had copious amounts of software licenses and legal documents to arrange. I decided to entrust the file to Box.net who at the time made the promise of access from anywhere and daily backups of their systems. 30 days and a crash later and $2000 worth of licenses and drafted up legal documents were lost. I thankfully used to store everything important on memory cards at that point, so I had a few days of downtime before sorting everything, but the real kick in the face was when I contacted Box.net. I was treated with the worst customer response I have read in years prior, was told that if legal prosecution was the path chosen by me that they'll see me in court, and that the files were my responsibility and keeping a backup of them was my job. Sure it was, but it was also their job to maintain their status quo.

TL;DR: Don't support Box.net if you actually want the advertised services. Only do so if you'll use it upload last night's drunk pictures.

I say wait for Google's foray into the market within - oh let's say 2 months according to a friendly source.
    I can see why you wouldn't trust them but they probably had a lot of time during the last 7 years to improve. You might also have been unlucky by getting referred to a bad employee.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    yeah maybe changes have taken place within the last few years, im sure there improvements. but only time will tell, thanks for the infomation

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    johhny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    if you are usenet user you can hide you files there unlimited space!!!!!!!!

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by johhny View Post
    Even with all the encryption options available to me, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable sending my sensitive data into the world wide web.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Another good site for sending and storing files is ge.tt I use it alot.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    LemOnzoo's Avatar boy from andromeda
    Quote Originally Posted by johhny View Post
    don't us it, but i heard that it's only 10$ / month.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast