Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Chaps From Vegetaria.

I'm not understanding the hat comment i'm afraid.

Originally posted by J'Pol@16 November 2003 - 02:13
    Deflection and cheap point scoring, rather than discussing the issues and dealing with what people actually said.

That seems oddly familiar. I have to agree with hobbes and suggest that you read the posts and respond to them.
    What are you talking about JPol?

I didn't deflect the issue, i posted summerlinda defending her lifestyle in response to hobbes' previous post. Not seeing myself as competing, i made that point too.

Now, about your baiting.....

2. Lounge   -   #62
    Originally posted by LTJBukem+16 November 2003 - 01:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LTJBukem @ 16 November 2003 - 01:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@16 November 2003 - 01:03
    <!--QuoteBegin-LTJBukem
    @16 November 2003 - 01:58
    But you already knew the answer to that question. Or are you genuinely confused whether veggies feed there pet spiders and lizards vegetables rather than insects? You&#39;re an intelligent guy, you were baiting.

I did not already know the answer, hence me posing the question.
    I can imagine a young child asking that question genuinely, but not you JPaul.

Of course an animal that lives on insects isn&#39;t going to eat vegetables. Now you&#39;re not the fool who might, for one second, actually consider that being a possibility.

Admit it JPol, you were baiting. [/b][/quote]
    Well?

3. Lounge   -   #63
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Anyway i&#39;m off to bed, and will not come back to this thread since JP and Hobbes are so eager "winning" this discussion which cant be won since its not a competition.

I still say JP started this thread to "stoke" & "provoke" He couldn&#39;t care less what we feed our pets, but thats just my feeling, i cant "proof" that.

Live life they way you want it, and let us live it the way we want us and do not question our honesty in this matter. Rather question yourselves, what can YOU do to make this world a better place?

Take care.

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Her entire point against eating animals was based on animal cruelty. I agreed and saluted her.

Then she decided that eating animal products (milk, eggs) was ok becuase they were treated properly.

So, I asked, "what about animals treated well but used for meat" that would be ok, right?

I never told her that she should not be a vegetarian. I did point out that her lifestyle was a luxury of a society enjoying a great food excess. The vegetarian lifestyle is incredibly wasteful.

My point was that the general rub from vegetarians is a sense of superiority and my posts focused on why I felt that eating meat was what we were born to do, as that is what our biochemistry prepared for.

At any rate, I have not said anything new in this post. Why I bother giving the Readers Digest version for the lazy is unclear to me, maybe I hope that your ears are open.

The "hat" comment was to answer nonsense with nonsense.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #65
    from Hobbes:
    I am here to state my position and support it with evidence, but I am also here to see if someone might be able to show me that I am misguided
    Seriously people, how can a person who posts something like this be out to "win" a discussion?

I find comments made in this thread to be totally in contradiction to what I have said.

I cannot live with lying to myself, can you?

If you cannot defend your position, then acquiesce.

6. Lounge   -   #66
    lynx's Avatar .
    And you did it so well too, Sandra. Now don&#39;t get your panties knotted.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Lounge   -   #67
    Originally posted by lynx@16 November 2003 - 03:49
    And you did it so well too, Sandra. Now don&#39;t get your panties knotted.
    Hey birthday boy, there have been new developments here: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=81966

And happy 25th to you.
    And happy 25th to you.

8. Lounge   -   #68
    Originally posted by hobbes
    Her entire point against eating animals was based on animal cruelty. I agreed and saluted her.

Then she decided that eating animal products (milk, eggs) was ok becuase they were treated properly.

So, I asked, "what about animals treated well but used for meat" that would be ok, right?

I never told her that she should not be a vegetarian. I did point out that her lifestyle was a luxury of a society enjoying a great food excess. The vegetarian lifestyle is incredibly wasteful.

My point was that the general rub from vegetarians is a sense of superiority and my posts focused on why I felt that eating meat was what we were born to do, as that is what our biochemistry prepared for.

At any rate, I have not said anything new in this post. Why I bother giving the Readers Digest version for the lazy is unclear to me, maybe I hope that your ears are open.

The "hat" comment was to answer nonsense with nonsense.

Obviously, Linda feels that milking cows, and eating hens eggs, isn&#39;t as cruel as pumping them full of steroids and antibiotics their entire lifes, before shooting them in a blood soaked abbatoir.

What you said about the vegetarian diet being wasteful is rubbish, the opposite is true. Pasture land, grain and clean water used in the meat industry is tremendously wasteful, and it is actually the minority of the world population who enjoy the luxury of a meat based diet. If such luxury wasn&#39;t afforded to the few, and all farm land were used more productively, there could be a significant reduction in world starvation. Further, the terribly wasteful deforestation of the rain forests for pasture land is another matter i haven&#39;t time to mention.

You find that vegetarians have an air of superiority? Well that is your opinion and you are entitled to it, it certainly explains your actions here tonight.

Whether or not you believe we are born to eat meat or not is not the issue, nor is human biochemistry. Again, these are your opinons. If someone chooses not to eat meat out of compassion toward animals, that&#39;s there choice, as is yours to eat meat. I think you should respect that.

Your &#39;Readers Digest&#39; has indeed brought up nothing new, however, it shows how desperately competetive you are in this situation.

You responded with your hat comment, to my posting an example of Linda&#39;s defensive stance in this thread. I do not see how that is nonsense.

9. Lounge   -   #69
    I think I have said my piece here.

What I find telling is not what you quote, but what you do not acknowledge. Do you think I am bent on some evil agenda? I am a nice guy who acknowledges points well made and who is always ready to listen to the otherside.

All animals, whether for eggs or milk or flesh, get steroids and antibiotics.

I will let what I have said stand and hope objective viewers will contemplate my position.

What you said about the vegetarian diet being wasteful is rubbish, the opposite is true. Pasture land, grain and clean water used in the meat industry is tremendously wasteful, and it is actually the minority of the world population who enjoy the luxury of a meat based diet. If such luxury wasn&#39;t afforded to the few, and all farm land were used more productively, there could be a significant reduction in world starvation. Further, the terribly wasteful deforestation of the rain forests for pasture land is another matter i haven&#39;t time to mention.
    No, that entire paragraph is wrong. Rain forests were never meant to be pastures, that is a complete misuse of the land and has no bearing on the topic.

World starvation is political, not resource limited.

I tire of tactics.

&nbsp;
    I am here to state my position and support it with evidence, but I am also here to see if someone might be able to show me that I am misguided
    I can understand how the above quote would indicate my desperate need to "win" an argument

10. Lounge   -   #70
    this has deviated from the original discussion too far, and has turned into a thread about vegetarians themselves, and not whethere they feed their pets meat products or a wholly vegetarian diet. it should be closed.

posting 3 times in a row seems desperate to me.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast