Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

I watched Gone last night, with Amanda Seyfried. I first downloaded to watch her acting, and more but the least you see is Amanda as a woman (maybe like in that movie with Megan Fox).
    It's actually a good actress in my opinion, that surprised me, although in "In Time" she played a decent role.
    The movie has suspense and a little drama, nothing much. It isn't a must-see movie, but for the length (1h30m) it's a good option.
    Sorry for my English, it's not my mother language.

2. Movies & TV   -   #262
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Gone is total shite,true story. Also the user reviews on IMDB have lost all legitimacy.Actual critics on RT rated it 11% positive.

Listen I like Amanda Seyfried enough to have sat though almost the entirety of Dear John and a bit of Letters to Juliet but any similarity to believable acting that she does in Gone is purely coincidental.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-13-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #263
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I watched The Duellists last night[]Ridley Scott []
    Storyline

Set during the grand, sweeping Napoleonic age, an officer in the French army insults another officer and sets off a life-long enmity. The two officers, D'Hubert and Feraud, cross swords time and time again in an attempt to achieve justice and preserve their honor.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #264
    Tell the truth it was the cross swords part that drew you in wasn't it?

5. Movies & TV   -   #265
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Tell the truth it was the cross swords part that drew you in wasn't it?
    Maybe but the balls didn't touch so it's not like it was gay or anything.

===

I kept thinking that Feraud is a perfect metaphor for Napoleon's military life. Ever advancing, never flinching from confrontation yet stubborn, cruel and oft erring in judgment. Keitel even looks like Napoleon. I don't know if it was intentional by the writers and was something Scott strived for, but if it was then I struggled for a while to fit an historical figure to D'Hubert. Wellington didn't fit and neither was he representative of the cowardly French monarchy.

Spoiler: Show
    Last edited by manker; 05-13-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: put in spoiler tags because people really should watch this and me being a git won't exactly make this more likely :dabs
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Movies & TV   -   #266
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    For a directorial first attempt, The Duellists is a tour de force, sorry for the lack of machine guns and helicopters meg, maybe when Michael Bay does the remake? It is that for the reasons manker lays out, it is a complex interplay, the battle between the two men is a metaphor for the times. Ridley Scott's next directorial foray was of course Alien which was at the time an incredible success (despite the idiotic and incessant nagging by the brandywine production team) showing both great range and flexibility and cementing his future career as one of the truly great directors.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. Movies & TV   -   #267
    Saw the movie( not literally Saw:The Movie)now read the book.

http://www.readbookonline.net/readOnLine/2481/

Though I will be astounded if anyone has the patience.

Btw in similar vein I watched Battleship no I didn't and then I played the game didn't actually do that either and was amazed how complex the game was in comparison to the film.
    The movie had a better soundtrack though.

I watched Courage Under Fire again and would probably give my thoughts on it if I for a minute thought anyone cared.It is also from the murky,mystical before time when Lou Diamond Phillips was still a bigger star than Matt Damon.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-13-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Movies & TV   -   #268
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Not only do I have the patience, I converted it to a .mobi and stuck it on my kindle to read in bed later.
    You should get one of those, luddite.

I'm hoping it will provide some character insights which were lacking in the film. Particularly everyone in it.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

9. Movies & TV   -   #269
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Storyline

Set during the grand, sweeping Napoleonic age, an officer in the French army insults another officer and sets off a life-long enmity. The two officers, D'Hubert and Feraud, cross swords time and time again in an attempt to achieve justice and preserve their honor.

Nailed it
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

10. Movies & TV   -   #270
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Idol
    I watched Courage Under Fire again and would probably give my thoughts on it if I for a minute thought anyone cared.
    Do it like Brett Blewitt.

===

I don't get the thing.
    Truth posted above.

Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast