Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Positive Thread

Poster
    Originally posted by TheDave+16 November 2003 - 00:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheDave @ 16 November 2003 - 00:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@15 November 2003 - 23:56
    <!--QuoteBegin-MediaSlayer
    @16 November 2003 - 00:30
    Sometimes I make care packages for homeless people and keep them in my car so when they come up asking for change I give it to them. Not often, last year I did it around Christmas time. If you live in a big city in the US, it happens alot where they ask for spare change. For intance, when you go to the gas station to get gas. When you get out, they might be waiting to ask you. So I figured if they&#39;re gonna ask anyway, sometimes it might be a pleasant surprise to get a small paper bag with food and a bible, ect.... I didn&#39;t do it often, only a few times, but the people seemed happy to get something.

That&#39;s a really good idea.

Other people may wish to follow suit. Share a bit of what they have with others who perhaps have not been as fortunate.
    next time someone asks me for a quid, im gonna take them to mcdonalds and feel smug knowing they cant get drugs with my money [/b][/quote]
    I am not sure if you are serious.

However a friend of mine does not give people money. He goes and buys a bag of chips or whatever and gives it to them.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    internet.news
    thinking*

at the moment, nothing spectular came in my mind...
    ...one thing i am glad to have good girlfriend with who
    I can share my thoughts openly and who I can trust

What Did I did?
    One time on a street - it was rainy, and could stop harder when
    it is wet on the road - there was a traffic light, and I stopped
    but slightly touch the car in fron of me, fortunately nothing happens.
    That is good, cause some time before I had small accident, nothing
    great, and if this time also something would have happened,
    my parents would have to pay higher insurance rates.

So, it was ok, that nothing happened, I was really glad to hear
    that everything was ok...

3. Lounge   -   #13
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    A simple positive thought...........

Love is a wonderful thing

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

4. Lounge   -   #14
    one of the best things i&#39;ve done for someone they didn&#39;t even know i did it. i&#39;m not even gonna say here, but it made me feel good, knowing i had done something for someone without expecting anything in return from them.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    There is too much to my story to relate here, so I&#39;ll shorten it to this:

I stood in the way of a mad governor (who just happened to be my bosses&#39; bosses&#39; boss) and helped 550 people keep their jobs 6 years longer than he wanted them to.

I&#39;m poor now, but hey.....
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@16 November 2003 - 02:39

I stood in the way of a mad governor (who just happened to be my bosses&#39; bosses&#39; boss) and helped 550 people keep their jobs 6 years longer than he wanted them to.

I would love to applaud your actions and feel that I should.

However given that I do not have the slightest idea what your post means, I can only offer a non-specific "well done that man".

If it meant that 550 people continued to be usefully employed, then you really should be proud of yourself. Particularly if it involved sacrificing your own position.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by TheDave@15 November 2003 - 23:59
    next time someone asks me for a quid, im gonna take them to mcdonalds and feel smug knowing they cant get drugs with my money
    I tried that about 10 years ago in Amsterdam. Be prepared to dodge flying fists.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+15 November 2003 - 22:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 15 November 2003 - 22:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@16 November 2003 - 02:39

I would love to applaud your actions and feel that I should.

However given that I do not have the slightest idea what your post means, I can only offer a non-specific "well done that man".

If it meant that 550 people continued to be usefully employed, then you really should be proud of yourself. Particularly if it involved sacrificing your own position. [/b][/quote]
    The worth of our labor, from a business/revenue point-of-view was beyond debate; we had gross profits of (the last year I had figures for-1994) &#036;598 million.

Of course, it was the Michigan Liquor Control Commission, so the social aspect could have been (and was) debated, but only by those who wanted to take over the business, oddly enough.

Draw your own conclusions as to the worth of our work, which was the distribution of liquor at the wholesale level.

I went down with the ship.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #19
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    sharing happy thoughts is one thing, calling attention to what a bright, shining individual you are is just good ol&#39; mental masturbation.

faceman is the only one who seems to get the idea..
    one of the best things i&#39;ve done for someone they didn&#39;t even know i did it. i&#39;m not even gonna say here, but it made me feel good, knowing i had done something for someone without expecting anything in return from them.

Do something good, don&#39;t get caught, and keep it to your self.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

10. Lounge   -   #20
    "have you done something you are proud of"

That was the thread.

I am totally evil so I have nothing to say, but I have not come here to piss in someones cereal.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast