2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Colorado, USA.
    How about you?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Edmonton, Canada

What's the cheapest shipping possible? can u just stick the fan in an envelope and put a international stamp on it
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    No kidding.

I used to live in Edmonton.

Right off the Whitemud Parkway ( I think that was the name...it was twenty years ago...)

Do you have any fan connectors? All mine were cut off to work with my hotshit custom wiring set up...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    wow clocker you live close, as is well known i live in kansas, hehehehe

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Ya no really i live in Edmonton but i really need a new case fan and I don't wanna pay for it and ya I live in Callingwood don't know where that place is

Ya i' got fan connecters just gotta replace this stupid fan
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    As promised, the adventure really never does end...

I decided that my 120mm fan ( which I had mounted on the case floor just two days ago) wasn't really doing too much ( at least at a silent 5v) so...it looked like it might...measure...ponder...WTF, why not...YES!

It is now happily esconced in the bottom of my PSU, replacing the 80mm fan that came stock.
    And while I've got her ripped apart...hmmmm....yup.
    Hdd has moved from the motherboard wall to the floor at the front of the case, elevted 1 1/2" off the floor on plastic standoffs. The old location was fine except that the big, relatively flimsy aluminum wall acted like a big sounding board, amplifying that weird HDD sound. It her new location the HDD runs slightly warmer, 31c instead of 28c, but is totally silent.
    Yippee!

Burnin test yielded the following results ( I actually took pictures, but PicStore is being cranky of late...): after 30 minutes...CPU- 43c (up from 41 at idle)...motherboard- 31.5c up from 29c...HDD- stable at 31c (I was running the disk test this time also)...PSU - 33.7c ( this temp comes from a sensor taped to the top of the unit all the way in the back, probably the hottest area in the whole case.)

My CPU, mobo and HDD temps are all within a degree or so of where they have been and the system temps hardly change at all from idle to stress, so things are looking pretty good.
    The biggest improvement is the PSU which has dropped a healthy 5c. Now that was a mod worth making.

All my researching of watercooling has surprised me in that the watercooled systems don't really drop the temps all that much. In fact, some of the systems barely reach the temps I currently have.

I think that before I do anything else major I may fool around with some different fan powered HS units. In fact, if I can pry it away from the guy I gave it to, I may go back to a stock AMD hearsink with a 80mm fan adaptor mounted and see what that might do.
    I could test quite a few HSFs without approaching the expense of a water cooled unit...

More to follow.

Keikan...PM me.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    Poster
    no time 2 read entire thread - but i wanted 2 add something...

i unplugged my 3 extra case fans, cuz i hated the extra noise - since then, my pc's internal temp has dropped from 74F 2 around 56F. Y? what good r the fans if they just make the temp warmer?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    Your room temp is 56 F?

Are you a Inuit?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker@19 November 2003 - 01:30
    Your room temp is 56 F?

Are you a Inuit?
    isn't that strange! i swear 2 u my room temp is 69 (i luv that number).

i don't get it - it just started after i unplugged the fans and turned the heat on, instead of the a/c.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast