Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hard Drive

bowrabob's Avatar Reformed devo
    Hi ...I have exact same problem...tried to format would not go past 0%...it quick formated and started to load windows ..restarted then i was told ..couldn't continue....can't find System32 or part mgr..tried to low level with Maxtor program..it didn't work ..downloaded PowerMax but I don't think it works with nvidia implanted boards as is mine. Do you think there is a chance of saving this HDD??????????

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Word of advice.

If you have a Warranty on your hdd dont stuff around with it. Just take it back to the place you got it from and they will give you a new one.

Just dont tell them that you have fucked around with it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    first i would check to see if the jumper is set correctly, it may have fallen out when you start the pc does it see the disc correctly in the first bios screen? ie master maxtor*** and the size?

next i would stick the disc in your other pc as a slave (set the jumper on disc to slave) and format it from within windows and then run scandisc or chkdsk to see if there are errors.

you could also download discwizard from SEAGATE , install it on your spare pc, it will access most discs and you can format it from within windows again if your spare pc doesnt see it
    nifty piece of software

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234