Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are alternatives to torrents?

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky12 View Post
    Thank you for replying to my thread!

Do you mainly use torrents, or do you use DDL/Warez? Or what do you use? I prefer to still download.
    On further reflection I think you have no worries as if you do get caught they tend go light on minors.

Btw the fact that I apparently totally wasted my breathe on my original post I find rather irksome.
    I am 30yrs old, so what you are saying is that they will go light on me even though I'm not a minor?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    If you like, but you don't have too, could you help me by getting a decent invite?
    maybe if you make a proper request
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    If you like, but you don't have too, could you help me by getting a decent invite?
    maybe if you make a proper request
    I could try to make a proper request. What kind of private trackers best suits my needs? I know for music, we have Pedro, Waffles, and What.cd, but for that I'll just take what I can. I'll probably go with the easiest to make it easy.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

On further reflection I think you have no worries as if you do get caught they tend go light on minors.

Btw the fact that I apparently totally wasted my breathe on my original post I find rather irksome.
    I am 30yrs old, so what you are saying is that they will go light on me even though I'm not a minor?
    I don't know are you white and a member of the upper class?
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15

I don't know are you white and a member of the upper class?
    I am white, but I have a mild mental disability which the IQ falls below normal. I don't communicate myself with individuals who diagnosed. I try to act normal even though I'm not normal. I learn slower as we all on here seen.

I have dealt with police when I was younger, but the managers got me out of trouble. I am not a class of any sort. I don't think I am anyway. I just do my own business.

Anyway, would Freenet be something like you have to meet friends in order to download/upload? I was mostly thinking a network where it doesn't require friend to friend.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Private trackers care about discretion, many of them ask their members to not talk about them in public forums.
    You can get invites on invites websites: https://www.google.com/search?&q=torrent+invites
    There is only one drawback to private trackers: you have to upload about as much as you download. If you download 5GB, you have to upload about 5GB.

You don't need friends to use freenet/darknet or soulseek: just join a forum, then connect to a member to see the list of available content and download from there. This is a 1on1 approach, that lets you peek into others' folders. If you're not too picky this can be a good choice.

But my opinion is that public torrent trackers are pretty good. Except if you're in France or the USA, public trackers are just fine.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Thank you very much for that info!

What public trackers would you recommend that are not in the USA, or France? What about TPB? I know they are having some legal trouble. Are you people still using a VPN and/or proxy to hide their IP, but with a VPN that doesn't keep logs? Here are the sites I am a member at.

Demonoid.ph
    RuTracker.org
    Adamsfile.com which is FTP

Thank you again,

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    There are two main public trackers: publicbt and openbittorent. All the websites like TPB only index the content available on those two trackers. So you'll find the same thing on kat.ph, TPB, sumotorrent, etc. because they use the same trackers.
    Demonoid and rutracker are private trackers (or you can call them semi-private trackers): they use the same logic as private trackers, although they have open signups.

It doesn't matter where the tracker is, what matters is where YOU are. USA is known for legal bittorrent extortion schemes, and France has this "three-strike" plan against torrenters and there are a few other problematic countries like Sweden. I am not in either the USA nor France, and not using a VPN.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    I was looking at both sites which are publicbt.com, and openbittorrent.com, but unfortunately, I'm not sure how to use those trackers. I never used those before. I don't even know where the starting point is to use those. Would anyone be up too helping me, please if someone doesn't mind?

Thank you,

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Asylum's Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascadeur View Post
    Well, private trackers are free.
    Of course, you can also try darknet/freenet, soulseek, winny, etc. but it's not my cup of tea.
    Thank you so much!

How could I get into a private tracker? I am a member at Demonoid. If you like, but you don't have too, could you help me by getting a decent invite?
    Hi. With private trackers you usually need an invitation from someone who is already a member. As far as Demonoid goes, I'm not sure about them being private or not and I say that only because I added a torrent from them to my seedbox and the seedbox classified them as not private. Just fyi.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast